Can View DOCX & XLSX export option locally but not when uploaded to Azure

5 posts, 2 answers
  1. thelostleaf
    thelostleaf avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2007

    Posted 26 Feb 2015 Link to this post

    Can view all report export options locally, but after uploading to Azure Cloud instance I lose many including DOCX and XLSX.

    Copy Local = True on all references.
    <Telerik.Reporting><Extensions><Render> all set to visible=true.


    Version=8.2.14.1204

    Thank you.
  2. Answer
    Stef
    Admin
    Stef avatar
    3610 posts

    Posted 27 Feb 2015 Link to this post

    Hello,

    You need to add references to Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll and Open XML SDK 2.0 for Microsoft Office (DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll v.2.0.5022.0 or above with proper binding redirect) in the start project, and deploy the assemblies along with the package.

    Regards,
    Stef
    Telerik
     

    Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

     
  3. thelostleaf
    thelostleaf avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2007

    Posted 27 Feb 2015 in reply to Stef Link to this post

    Do you have a binding redirect example? I have reviewed all previous documentations on this topic and have not come up with a solution. What am i binding to redirect? A link to Microsoft explains it no better than the researched documents. 

    This seems like a major feature being able to export in DOCX and XLSX but lacks a clean example to implement.

    Best regards,

     
  4. Answer
    David
    David avatar
    121 posts
    Member since:
    Jan 2011

    Posted 27 Feb 2015 in reply to thelostleaf Link to this post

    I had a similar problem in my projects.  I used the "nuget" package manger and added the references to my project.  In my case I deploy a DLL which has the report logic and a DLL which represents the webpages.  Both projects needed references to the appropriate nuget package.
  5. thelostleaf
    thelostleaf avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2007

    Posted 27 Feb 2015 Link to this post

    Thanks David, that led me down the right path to find the solution. I used nuget for the OpenXml, but that still didn't do it. Found this article which I missed (  http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/details/deploy-telerik-reporting-with-newer-openxml-sdk-version )
    Helped explain the bindings. Installed the new Reporting Q1 '15, which fixed all of the web.config bindings

    <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="DocumentFormat.OpenXml" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2.5.5631.0" newVersion="2.5.5631.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Windows.Documents.Flow" publicKeyToken="5803cfa389c90ce7" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2015.1.225.45" newVersion="2015.1.225.45" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Windows.Documents.Core" publicKeyToken="5803cfa389c90ce7" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2015.1.225.45" newVersion="2015.1.225.45" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet" publicKeyToken="5803cfa389c90ce7" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2015.1.225.45" newVersion="2015.1.225.45" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml" publicKeyToken="5803cfa389c90ce7" culture="neutral" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-2015.1.225.45" newVersion="2015.1.225.45" />
          </dependentAssembly>

    But still did not work until I explicitly included DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll & Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering.dll in my bin folder as oppose to project references, and added the dlls to my visual studio project. That may be what Stef was referring to when recommending 'deploy the assemblies', although I thought that was taken care of by the References set to Copy Local=True.

    I also changed a Visual Studio project setting Package/Publish Web, Items To Deploy: All Files in this Project, it was set to only needed. Published to Azure, and could see all export formats.

    Thank you both for the solution!






Back to Top