i have the following szenario:
On the left side of the screen I have a list of Employees. On the right side is a GridView with a variable number of rows (lets say 10 to 100).
When I select an employee in the list, the GridView shows employee specific data in the GridView. When I select a different employee the following happens:
- The ItemsSource list of the GridView is cleared
- The ItemsSource list is filled with new data specific to the now selected employee
The problem: To switch from one employee to another takes to long time because the creation of the GridRows etc. takes to long. With long I mean for 50 Rows about 500ms on an high end machine.
My assumption is when 1. happens all GridRow instances are destroyed and recreated again in 2.
So here are my questions:
1. Is my assumption correct?
2. If assumption not correct: what else could be the problem?
3. If assumption correct: do you have a suggestion, how i could solve that issue? Is there an easy way to prevent the GridRow instances from disposure? An easy way to cache that instances?
Thanks for your help,