This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Business Objects binding broken in 2009Q3?

6 Answers 128 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
msulis
Top achievements
Rank 1
msulis asked on 28 Nov 2009, 10:42 AM
I previously developed some reports with the Q2 trial release, then just purchased the full version of Q3, and I'm having lots of problems with the reports even after successfully running the upgrade wizard.

To simply/isolate the problem, I've performed the following steps with no luck:

1. create new Windows Forms application called BusinessObjectDataSourceReporting.
2. create a new class called Person:
using System; 

namespace BusinessObjectDataSourceReporting { 
  public class Person { 
    public string LastName { getset; } 
    public DateTime DateOfBirth { getset; } 
  } 

3. Build project
4. Drop a telerik "ReportViewer" onto Form1.
5. Add new item to project, select template "Telerik Report 2009 Q3", name it PersonReport. When wizard pops up follow the basic options...
    1. Click next
    2. New Report, click next
    3. Create new datasource
    4. Select "Business Object"
    5. select BusinessObjectDataSourceReporting.BusinessObjectDataSourceReporting.Person
    6. Next, next, etc., finish...

The report is produced with NO fields in the details section. The Data Explorer window shows "No Data Source".

I also tried creating the datasource first in visual studio, then selecting it as an "existing data source" in the report wizard, with the same results.

Oddly, the report's "DataSource" property appears properly set to BusinessObjectDataSourceReporting.Person.

It seems like this is a pretty basic task, am I missing something obvious? Thanks!

Michael

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 30 Nov 2009, 07:42 AM
Hi msulis,

Indeed you are correct and this is an issue that slipped into the Q3 release. However we've released a new internal build for Telerik Reporting which addresses several important issues, including a fix for the problem you've encountered. Check the Release Notes and get the latest internal build from the Latest Internal Builds area (log in required).

Please excuse us for the temporary inconvenience.

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
msulis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Dec 2009, 09:05 PM
thanks - do I have to uninstall my current version first? Is it going to cause licensing issues? I have a production build I need to release in about a week, so I'm nervous about messing with my configuration. I understand it's a dev build, I'm willing to take that risk - but when I upgraded from the free trial to the fully licensed version it broke everything, and took a bit of time to get the project back to health.

Thanks!
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 08 Dec 2009, 07:08 AM
Hello msulis,

Generally speaking there is nothing different between a trial and dev version except the trial message in the first. So the problems you mention to have experienced in previous upgrade a probably due to the fact that you have not only upgraded from trial to dev but have also upgraded to an upper version of the product (e.g. from Q1 to Q3). Anyway, in order to install the latest internal build, you should uninstall the official Q3 release, (it would ask you to even if you don't). We plan to have SP1 released soon (hopefully this week), so if that is ok with your schedule and you'd rather not risk using an internal build, then you can wait for it. In the mean time, you can still use the internal build on your dev machine so that you can continue working on the reports.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Ibrahim Imam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Dec 2009, 09:01 PM
hello
i have the same issue that the binding is not correct in new version

i skipped the Q2 release because it doesn't support some of our special implementations out of the box so i was waiting for next release.
do i have to install the versions between Q3 before Q3 in order to have full compatibilty?

best regards
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2009, 08:39 AM
Hello Ibrahim,

You do not need to install intermediate releases in order to upgrade to the latest available release. You can go ahead and install the Latest Internal Build  (log in required), but if you want to be up-to-date with all the fixes and changes we have applied, we highly recommend you to review the official Release notes and the release notes of the internal build.

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team

Adrian Segovia
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 May 2010, 10:23 PM
Hello Telerik,

I'm having this issue with Q1 2010.
Can you please help me? 

Thanks

Adrian
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by