ComboBox
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Martin asked on 15 Jun 2021, 08:55 AM

While editing the XAML document, I'm experiencing weird behavior in VS2019. 

All examples applies when the Design editor is active together with XAML editor.

Example 1:

Selecting XAML with mouse stops when i start selecting the telerik:RadComboBox 

Example 2:

Copy Pasting bugs out, either the selection is empty or incorrect !

Example 3:

'Forcus' in Visual Studio is sometimes overtaken by the RadComboBox which is very annoying. 

Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
commented on 17 Jun 2021, 09:03 AM

Hello Martin,
Would you find it possible to demonstrate the behavior you observe in a small sample project so that I can further investigate at my end?
I tested this, but the behavior I observe is expected:

I came across the following thread where my colleague proposed a possible solution for a similar scenario. Can you please give it a try and let me know if it works for you?

Martin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
commented on 17 Jun 2021, 10:26 AM | edited

Your Designer looks like its closed ?
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
commented on 17 Jun 2021, 10:31 AM

I think the problem was related to Databinding and the fact that the control constructor sets the DataContext to a very big ViewModel.

After refactoring the project and separating the control along with a different approach to bindings, the performance of the whole project and especially the RadComboBox'es are MUCH better.

The problem is gone now .. hmm
Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
commented on 18 Jun 2021, 11:23 AM

Please excuse me for overlooking this - indeed, when opening both the designer and code views I was able to replicate the issues you described. Thus, I've logged the following bug report in our feedback portal on your behalf to which you can subscribe. As a thank you for bringing this to our attention, I've awarded you with some Telerik points.

Nonetheless, I'm happy to hear that the issue is now resolved at your end. If I can further assist you with anything else, please let me know.

No answers yet. Maybe you can help?

Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Share this question
or