Breaking changes in version 2011.1 315

3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Aaron C
    Aaron C avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2009

    Posted 09 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hello, we have a product using TileView that was originally built using version 2010.3 1314.  I am trying to upgrade to the newest version and it seems there are changes that break the way we are using the TileView.  I have tried all 2011 versions and none of them work correctly for me.

    We have 2 TileViewItems, and in the older versions (2010.3.1314 and down) the TileStateChanged event was fired twice, once for each TileViewItem upon loading of the TileView.  In newer versions the TileStateChanged event is only fired once while loading, for the TileViewItem in minimized state. 

    I can correct this in code by triggering the TileStateChanged event manually, but there are other problems which break what we are doing with the control.  For example the Maximized tile view loads with a 'Maximize' icon in the header rather than a 'Collapse' icon.  And when it switch between TileViewItems by clicking the maximize icon on the collapsed view, the previously maximized view disappears.  If i remove references to version 2011.1 315 and replace them with references to 2010.3 1314 all of these problems go away. 

    Our TileViewItems contain the RadFluidControl, RadGridView, and RadComboBox controls.  It appears the events that fire upon loading have changed for some of these, however I do not see anything about this in the release notes.  Some of the bug fixes sound like they may be related, but I really have no way of fixing this without trying out every possible scenario. 

    Any guidance on this?  I don't see how to go forward from here without some documentation on what has changed. 
  2. Zarko
    Zarko avatar
    755 posts

    Posted 10 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Aaron C,

     Thank you for the bug report for the TileStateChanged event - we'll look into it and I hope that it'll be fixed in some of the next internal releases.
    Because of the new features (mainly the Virtualization) the RadTileView went through a major refactoring between the Q3 2010 and Q1 2011 and during that refactoring the default templates of the RadTileView and the RadTileViewItem were changed. In the RadTileViewItem template the Maximize/Minimize button is now a RadToggleButton instead of a ToggleButton(so that we could use a routed command) and there are a couple of new VisualStates/Triggers, so if you use a custom template you'll have to update your template in order for it to work correctly. Also now the default value of the MinimizedColumnWidth property of the RadTileView is Auto instead of 250 so I guess you'll have to set that too. 
    There are changes in the RadFluidContentControll too, but not to the event. The change is that it now uses a RadTransitionControl and you can change the transitions with the Transition property - you can see all transitions in this demo.
    In the attached project you'll find the new default templates for the RadTileView and the RadTileViewItem and an example for the new Transition property of the RadFluidContentControl.
    As for the RadGridView and the RadComboBox could you please tell us which events are not fired correctly so we could investigate this issue?
    I've updated your telerik account and if you have further questions feel free to ask.

    All the best,
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Aaron C
    Aaron C avatar
    23 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2009

    Posted 10 May 2011 Link to this post

    Hi Zarko,

    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly about this.  And thank you for the example containing the new default templates, I will update ours accordingly.  This definitely sounds like it could be the cause of our problems.  I only mentioned the RadGridView and RadComboBox in case it would help with troubleshooting, I have not seen problems with them specifically aside from the RadTileView containing them not behaving properly.  I'll let you know how it works out.
Back to Top