This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Breaking changes in 2010

2 Answers 96 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mattias
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mattias asked on 12 Mar 2010, 08:23 AM
Hi,
Do you have a list of breaking changes in report version 2010?
I found that of DetailSection.Items no longer exists. Should I use ChildElements instead?

Regards,
Mattias

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mattias
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Mar 2010, 08:51 AM
My, my, a lot of changes! :(

Also getting:
An error has occured while processing Table 'table1':
Group with name 'Group1' already exists. Groups should have unique names.

And:
An error has occured while processing DetailSection 'detail':
Unable to cast object of type '

Svetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 12 Mar 2010, 02:06 PM
Hi Mattias,

The Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase.Items property has been obsolete for around an year now and we have decided that it is about time to delete it.

Please note that each obsolete class/member generates warning message when compiled, that instructs how to proceed and it is always good to update them as soon as possible.

Back to your question, the ProcessingElement.ChildElements property substitutes the Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase.Items property. Please check the API reference for more information.

With the 2010 Q1 release of Telerik Reporting we have introduced named scopes for expressions. As the scopes are defined by the data items and groups, they both should have unique names. For more information please see Expression scope. In case you don't need scopes, you may leave the group names empty.

Regarding the 3rd issue we need more information regarding your report and the data it displays. Please open a separate support ticket and send us a sample report that illustrates the problem.

I hope this information helps.

Sincerely yours,
Svetoslav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mattias
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mattias
Top achievements
Rank 1
Svetoslav
Telerik team