This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Binding to remote data

4 Answers 123 Views
DropDownList
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
francesco
Top achievements
Rank 2
francesco asked on 21 Apr 2012, 05:15 PM
Hi all,
  i'm trying to open the http://demos.kendoui.com/web/dropdownlist/remotedatasource.html url on a Motorola Xoom with Android 3.2, but the dropdownlist doesn't show any data except the waiting cursor. Is it a known issue?

Thanks
  Francesco

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2012, 06:55 AM
Hello Francesco,

Thank you for drawing our attention to this issue. I tried to reproduce it and I got the same behavior. Therefore I forwarded it to our developer team for further investigation.
As a sign of gratitude I updated your points.

All the best,
Iliana Nikolova
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
answered on 02 May 2012, 03:52 PM
Hello Francesco,

It seams that the problem is related with the Netflix OData service. If you try to request any title from Netflix, the result will be zero. We will modify the URLs to use different source.

Kind regards,
Georgi Krustev
the Telerik team
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
francesco
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 May 2012, 12:27 PM
Hi Georgi,
  the link you posted returns data, and i don't understand why the example works fine on the PC browsers and not on mobile devices.

Thanks
   Francesco
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
answered on 03 May 2012, 02:10 PM
Hi Francesco,

There was an issue with NetFlix at the time I have write the message. Now it operates normally and I was able to observe the issue. The native Android browser throws an exception "Unexpected token ILLEGAL" when a JSONP request is made to the odata.netflix.com. You can verify this if you open this link in a Android device with 3+ version of the OS. After further research of the problem a thread in the NetFlix pop out. It clearly shows that this is a known issue. Here is another thread related with Android device, JSONP request and NetFlix. You can test this jsFiddle demo, which shows how to get data from geonames using JSONP and everything works as expected. We will further investigate the issue and if it is neccessary we will change the ODATA service which we use in the demos.

Regards,
Georgi Krustev
the Telerik team
Tags
DropDownList
Asked by
francesco
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Iliana Dyankova
Telerik team
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
francesco