This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Binding Errors

8 Answers 495 Views
WatermarkTextBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul asked on 21 Jul 2014, 11:28 AM
Are y'all still working on this one?

System.Windows.Data Error: 26 : ItemTemplate and ItemTemplateSelector are ignored for items already of the ItemsControl's container type; Type='RadWatermarkTextBox'
System.Windows.Data Error: 4 : Cannot find source for binding with reference 'ElementName=WatermarkTextBox'. BindingExpression:Path=ActualWidth; DataItem=null; target element is 'AutoCompleteBoxesWrapPanel' (Name=''); target property is 'Width' (type 'Double')

It really is annoying when one is trying to make sure that any and all binding errors in the output window are gone.  It would be nice if you guys could rid us of these please.   Or is there something I can do to suppress or get rid of these? 

Thanks
Paul

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladi
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2014, 08:50 AM
Hello Paul,

Regarding the "System.Windows.Data Error: 26" we tried to reproduce the error on our side but to no avail.

Could you give us more information about how that error is reproduced. Additional information on the use case of the RadWatermarkTextBox, like where is it placed, does it have customizations, bindings etc. would be very helpful. I recorded and attached a short video showing how the scenario run on our side, please let us know if we missed something.

The "System.Windows.Data Error: 4" is a common error caused by the way some controls are loaded by the Framework. Some of the bindings are broken at the start of the application but fast after that they are resolved and no critical exception is thrown. You shouldn't worry about this kind of errors. Suppressing them is possible by setting a different Trace level in your application as described in this blog post.

Regards,
Vladi
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jul 2014, 01:18 PM
Thanks,

I am currently using the .net 4.0 versions of the libs from the Hotfix

Telerik_UI_for_WPF_2014_2_0721_DEV_hotfix.zip

I will try to put a project together showing it.
Vladi
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2014, 07:46 AM
Hello Paul,

Looking forward to the sample project. Note that you cannot attach zip files or project files directly to forum posts.

Please send us the sample project as a zip file in a new support thread.

Regards,
Vladi
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Dustin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2015, 08:10 PM
I'm having the exact same problem.  Can't get RadAutoCompleteBox to work and I see the exact same output:

System.Windows.Data Error: 26 : ItemTemplate and ItemTemplateSelector are ignored for items already of the ItemsControl's container type; Type='RadWatermarkTextBox'
System.Windows.Data Error: 4 : Cannot find source for binding with reference 'ElementName=WatermarkTextBox'. BindingExpression:Path=ActualWidth; DataItem=null; target element is 'AutoCompleteBoxesWrapPanel' (Name=''); target property is 'Width' (type 'Double')

Any update to this issue?
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 23 Sep 2015, 01:08 PM
Hello Dustin,

As Vladi already explained in the previous post above the observed errors are related due to a know timing issue in the WPF platform. Please, check the following link from our Feedback portal where you could find more detailed information and an approach how to resolve it:
http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/143/Feedback/Details/113663-a-binding-error-is-printed-in-the-output-on-start-up-for-elementname-watermarktex

You shouldn't have any concern regarding such issues because they are a timing one and would not prevent RadAutoCompleteBox from working as expected.

Hopes the provided information will help you.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Maxime
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Oct 2015, 02:33 PM

Hi everyone,

Same issue here...

[quote]You shouldn't have any concern regarding such issues because they are a timing one and would not prevent RadAutoCompleteBox from working as expected.[/quote]

This is simply just not true. Everytime the errors are thrown, my control freezes during the output of the errors.
See my post here : http://www.telerik.com/forums/autocompletebox-binding-errors

Maxime
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Oct 2015, 02:43 PM

Also,

CPU usage is going crazy when rendering a lot of them.

Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 12 Oct 2015, 09:37 AM
Hello Maxime,

We have already replied you in the post you opened. Please, check my answer there:
http://www.telerik.com/forums/autocompletebox-binding-errors

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
WatermarkTextBox
Asked by
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladi
Telerik team
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1