This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Beta Q3 2009

8 Answers 90 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Thomas asked on 16 Oct 2009, 08:36 PM
Hi,

I tried the Q3 2009 binaries on an application I'm developing with the Q2 release and discovered that some parts of the application don't
function anymore. E.g. the GridViewDataControl like you use in your first look example. So I was wondering if it's wise at this moment
to switch over to the beta release, because I'm still in an early phase of development.
Can you please give me some advise?

Thanks
Thomas

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2009, 06:02 AM
Hi Thomas,

Please change GridViewDataControl to RadGridView and let me know about the result. If you have any other issues don't hesitate to contact us.

All the best,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Oct 2009, 05:49 AM
Hi,

Just replacing gridviewdatacontrol by radgridview isn't working. I also use GridViewTableDefinition and a tablerelation.
When I follow the new firs look example in de Q3 demo then I get it working.
But I have some other issues:

- The scroll position indicator has completely dissappeared, also in you demo application.
- In my application I've used rowvalidation where I mark the row with a tooltip. The tooltip doesn't show up anymore.
- When I insert a second row, I get an error:
{"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."}
Stacktrace:   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.FrozenColumnsSplitter.ParentGridChanged(DependencyObject sender, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args) in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\FrozenColumnsSplitter.cs:line 241
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.FrozenColumnsSplitter.set_ParentGrid(GridViewDataControl value) in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\FrozenColumnsSplitter.cs:line 75
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewRowItem.OnApplyTemplate() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\Rows\GridViewRowItem.cs:line 135
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewRow.OnApplyTemplate() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\Rows\GridViewRow.cs:line 721
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewNewRow.OnApplyTemplate() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\Rows\GridViewNewRow.cs:line 77
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ApplyTemplate()
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCell(Int32 cell, Boolean forceInfinityV)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCellsGroup(Int32 cellsHead, Size referenceSize, Boolean ignoreDesiredSizeU, Boolean forceInfinityV)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureOverride(Size constraint)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(Size availableSize)
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
   at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(Object arg)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.InvokeOnRenderCallback.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.AnimatedRenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
The datasource for this gridview is linq to sql.

- I can't get the scrollintoview to work for this gridview. Can you give an example?

Many thanks,
Thomas

Nedyalko Nikolov
Telerik team
answered on 23 Oct 2009, 08:04 AM
Hi Thomas,

Sorry for the late reply. We needed more to investigate all issues. Some of them will be fixed for the latest internal build related to 2009.Q3 beta. This build will be available later today. Please give it a try and let me know how this works on your end. I'm sure that you will have some issues, so I want to ask you to provide me with more information about your project (kind of the data source, some customized templates and ...).

About tool-tip of the invalid row we are introducing some improvements to validation mechanism. One of these improvements is a support for data layer validation. As this data layer validation follows UI validation we provide another validation event both for cell and row (CellValidated and RowValidated). You can use these events to set some custom tool-tip.

I'm attaching a sample project which demonstrates this approach. Of course row tooltip templates need some design touch.

P.S. This example is compatible with the latest internal build assemblies.

Greetings,
Nedyalko Nikolov
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Nov 2009, 07:38 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your assistance, rowvalidation works fine now.
I still do have a problem with scrollintoview
1. My grid is bound to a linq to sql datacontext
2. After I insert a new row, I submit the changes to the database and rebind the grid in the RowEditEnded event handler.
3. What I want to do next is to bring the newly inserted row into view. So the end-user can check the row. This however I can't get to work.
With the obsolete BringDataItemIntoView, the scenario above was working fine.

Many thanks,
Thomas
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 10 Nov 2009, 06:15 AM
Hi Thomas,

You can use ScrollIntoView method instead BringDataItemIntoView.

Sincerely yours,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Nov 2009, 07:46 AM
Hi,

My problem is, that when I call the ScrollIntoView method inside the RowEndedEvent handler (after rebinding the grid), I get an error message.

Private Sub GridView1_RowEditEnded(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridViewRowEditEndedEventArgs) 
            If Not e.EditAction = GridViewEditAction.Cancel Then 
                If isAddedNew Then 
                    db.Fabrikants.InsertOnSubmit(e.NewData) 
                End If 
                UpdateDB() 
                GridView1.SelectedItem = e.NewData 
                If GridView1.SelectedItem IsNot Nothing Then 
                    GridView1.ScrollIntoView(GridView1.SelectedItem) 
                End If 
            End If 
            isAddedNew = False 
        End Sub 

Public Sub UpdateDB() 
            Try 
                db.SubmitChanges(ConflictMode.ContinueOnConflict) 

Catch ex As ChangeConflictException 

For Each occ As ObjectChangeConflict In db.ChangeConflicts 
                    ' Automerge database values into current for members 
                    ' that client has not modified. 
                    occ.Resolve(RefreshMode.KeepChanges, True) 
                Next 
                ' Submit succeeds on second try. 
                db.SubmitChanges(ConflictMode.FailOnFirstConflict) 

Catch ex As Exception 
                MsgBox(ex.Message) 
            End Try 
            GridView1.Rebind() 
        End Sub 

at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.RaiseDataErrorEvent(Exception exception) in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\GridViewDataControl.cs:line 7437
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.EditContext.CommitCurrentEdit(GridViewRow gridViewRow) in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\Editing\EditContext.cs:line 448
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.EditContext.PerformRowEditEnded(GridViewCell currentCell) in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\Editing\EditContext.cs:line 127
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.EditContext.CommitCellEdit(GridViewCell currentCell, Boolean isLeavingRow) in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\Editing\EditContext.cs:line 83
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.EditContext.CommitEdit() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\Editing\EditContext.cs:line 570
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.CommitEdit() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\GridViewDataControl.cs:line 4327
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.ProcessEnterKey() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\GridViewDataControl.cs:line 4206
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e) in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\GridView_WPF\Sources\Development\Controls\GridView\GridView\GridView\GridViewDataControl.cs:line 3793
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnKeyDownThunk(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.KeyEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawKeyboardActions actions, Int32 scanCode, Boolean isExtendedKey, Boolean isSystemKey, Int32 virtualKey)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndKeyboardInputProvider.ProcessKeyAction(MSG& msg, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.CriticalTranslateAccelerator(MSG& msg, ModifierKeys modifiers)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnPreprocessMessage(Object param)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
Hristo
Telerik team
answered on 13 Nov 2009, 04:56 PM
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for reporting this. It has been fixed and the fix will be included in our latest internal build (we will updated the latest internal build on Monday). I've updated your telerik points.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Hristo
the Telerik team

Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2009, 11:11 AM
Hello,

The ScrollIntoView works fine now.

Thank you.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Thomas
Top achievements