So I pass in a model list of objects into my view, I reference this in my foreign key column and use filterable.UI to link to a separate function to control the filter. But when I try to do this the grid ignore my .Filterable options and uses the data from my Model.List to populate the filter, this is not the case with a non-foreign key column.
Does anyone know how to use custom filter options with a foreign key column in a kendo grid?
Using MVC; How do I get the labels (months) to dynamically align at the bottom of the chart (see attached image) when values are negative?
I have tried:
.Labels(labels => labels.Padding(80, 0, 0, 0))but it changes the scale of my chart if there are no negative values.



I am apparently missing something in setting up a combo box, can someone help me out?
I followed the examples, and got to here:
------
public JsonResult GetItems(string filter)
{
List<Item> Items = new List<Item>();
if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(filter))
using (ScratchDBClassesDataContext DB = new ScratchDBClassesDataContext())
Items = DB.Items.Where(itm => itm.Name.Contains(filter)).ToList();
return Json(Items, JsonRequestBehavior.AllowGet);
}
------
@(Html.Kendo().ComboBox()
.Name("ItemCombo")
.DataSource(ds =>
{
ds.Read(read =>
{
read.Action("GetItems", "Home").Data("FilterValue");
});
ds.ServerFiltering(true);
})
.DataTextField("Name")
.DataValueField("ItemID")
.AutoBind(false)
.MinLength(3)
.ClearButton(true)
)
<script>
function FilterValue() {
var ItemCombo = $("#ItemCombo").data("kendoComboBox");
return { filter: ItemCombo.text() };
}
</script>
------
It works initially - once I type 3 characters, the read action runs and my initial results are shown in the popup. However, after that, the read action never fires again when I continue typing, so the box never further filters my results.
I put a breakpoint in my controller code as well as an alert in the "FilterValue" function, and I can confirm that the action is not firing.
I discovered that if I add ".Filter(FilterType.Contains)" to the combobox configuration, the action fires every time I type after the 3rd character but my controller receives a null value for the filter string. An alert in "FilterValue" shows that ItemCombo.text() has the value I want, but it isn't being sent to the controller.
What have I missed here?
Hello
I had a look at the ComboBox demo and saw that there is no add new item feature for the MVC version. Is there any way to accomplish adding a new item to the database in MVC with the ComboBox?
I tried creating an API in MVC and using the Kendo UI for jQuery version but that only stores in localstorage and does not add to the database either.
If anybody knows of a way to add a new item to the database from the ComboBox in MVC could you please shed some light on how to accomplish that. Code first would be preferred if possible.
Thank You


Hi there,
I'm experiencing issues with the media player; it's breaking when used at low-resolutions such as on a mobile. I'm embedding YouTube, for what it's worth.
By way of sample code, the example on https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/mediaplayer exhibits the same issue. When under ~970 pixels in width, the Media player refuses to render, and the JavaScript console outputs and error, both in Chrome and Edge (attachments 1 and 2).
When resized a couple of hundred pixels larger, the player immediately renders [after a refresh] and the JavaScript error goes away.
Any assistance in getting this working at lower resolutions would be much appreciated.
