Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET MVC Forum
2 answers
655 views

I have an old application where the user was entering an input a dropdown list (of multiple values concatenated) was displayed and he could filter the list based on the values displayed.

Now we decided to use Combobox since the Autocomplete does not open the dropdown when the autocomplete receives focus. Since the list contains too many values I though I should try also virtualization

@(Html.Kendo().ComboBox()
   .Name("deviceclassselection")
   .HtmlAttributes(new { @class = "form-control s-device-class" })
   .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource.Ajax()
                           .Read(read => read.Action("GetDeviceClasses", "Device").Data("device.getDeviceClassAdditionalData"))
                           .PageSize(40)
                           .Events(events => events.Error("device.dataSourceError")))
   .Template("#= data.Designation # - #= data.Manufacturer # - #= data.Model #")
   .Height(200)
   .Events(events => events.Select("device.deviceClassSelect"))
   .Virtual(v => v.ItemHeight(26).MapValueTo("dataItem"))
   .Deferred()
)

However when I write something in the combobox no event is triggered on the server. If I open the dropdown manually the server is called.

I tried removing the Virtual and the result was the same (Probably it did not worked because I left the Ajax and the PageSize).

Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 05 Oct 2018
1 answer
213 views

Hello all. i'm a newbie for use kendo mvc.

I'll want to know how to programmatically for scheduler mvc ajax on client side .

when i'm single click on date it auto create task and then redirect to another controller.

sorry for my bad english.

thank you very much.

Nencho
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2018
9 answers
3.5K+ views

I'm using a Kendo Date Picker (2018.1.221.545) on a page like this:

@(Html.Kendo().DatePickerFor(model => model.ClinicBeganDate)
    .Value(Model.ClinicBeganDate.HasValue ? Model.ClinicBeganDate.Value.ToString("MM/dd/yyyy") : "")
)

 

The model for ClinicBeginDate looks like this:

[DataType(DataType.Date)]
[DateRangeYearAgoToToday]
[Display(Name = "Date Clinic Began")]
[Required]
public Nullable<System.DateTime> ClinicBeganDate { get; set; }

 

Note that DateRangeYearAgoToToday is a custom validation attribute.

If I enter a future date and click Save the server side validation works correctly, the form is re-displayed and an error message appears next to the date field. But when I change the invalid date to a valid one (within the past year) and click Save, the form is re-displayed, the date field is blank, and the error message 'Date Clinic Began is required' appears.

After debugging with developer tools I discovered that when Save is clicked the first time with the invalid date, the field is included with the posted form data. The second time Save is clicked it is not. As a result ClinicBeganDate is null the second time and a required validation error results. This happens even though a date is clearly displayed in the field before Save is clicked the second time.

So the problem seems to be the server side validation, but I don't understand why that would prevent a date picker field from getting posted in the form data. Any ideas how to fix this? Obviously I can do the date range validation on the client side but that just hides the problem.

Thanks...

Milena
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2018
5 answers
171 views

Hi, I have a grid with two frozen columns and numerous columns representing the months of the year starting from the previous year, and extending 5 years into the future.  What I would like to do, is on DataBound, have the column for January of this year be the first column the user sees (in the horizontal scrollable section).  I'm looking for some way to scroll the grid programmatically to a specific column.  Is that possible?  If so how?

 

Thanks,

Mike

Georgi
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2018
1 answer
862 views

Ok, I'm getting beat to death by a jquery runtime error:

Object doesn't support property or method 'syncReady'

I've checked around, and the most common reason is that there is a extra jquery script reference on my _Layout.cshtml page.

In my case there isn't any other reference to jquery on that page, or as far as I can tell, in my app.

Can you tell me, based on your experience if there is someplace other than _Layout, that may be causing the problem?

I cannot send you one character of the code I'm working on.  My employer would consider this grounds for termination.  I cannot send you a mock-up, either.  I am paid by the hour and they don't look too kindly on me spending time like that.

If you cannot help me without that sort of evidence, I seriously doubt the wisdom behind getting this product of yours in the first place, because quite frankly, I can't get a damned thing in that package to work for me.

 

 

 

Charles
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Oct 2018
3 answers
497 views

Hi,

I'm using the Telerik spreadsheet with MVC wrappers to create an input form and am trying to create a validation error when a cell is empty. I've tried various things along the lines of the below. The obvious way to do this seems to be to set AllowNulls = false but this doesn't behave in the same way that other custom validation does, it immediately adds a red validation check to every null cell with the validation check applied and never triggers the message supplied in the MessageTemplate. If setting AllowNulls(true) then it seems like the custom validation rule doesn't trigger on empty cells, so it seems like I can use the custom validator to check for anything other than a cell being empty. 

cells.Add()
                          .Validation(validation => validation
                            .DataType("custom")
                            .From("LEN(B" + currentRowNo + ") > 0")
                            .AllowNulls(false)
                            .Type("reject")
                            .TitleTemplate("A Provider Name is Required")
                            .MessageTemplate("Please enter a Provider Name"));

 

Regards

Michael

Veselin Tsvetanov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2018
4 answers
618 views
Hello,

I'm trying to display a list of checkbox items inside of a list view ONLY if the boolean isSelected field is false.

Here is how I call the listview:
@(Html.Kendo().ListView<TestMultiSelect.ViewModels.TestVM>(Model)
        .Name("listView")
        .TagName("div")
        .ClientTemplateId("template")
        .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
            .PageSize(20)
            .ServerOperation(false)
         )
        )

My TestView model:
public class TestVM
    {
        public int ID { get; set; }
        public string Name { get; set; }
        public bool IsSelected { get; set; }
    }


..and here is my Client template:

<script type="text/x-kendo-tmpl" id="template">
    <div class="product">
        # var isSelected =  @#:IsSelected#;
        if (isSelected !== true) { # @(Html.Kendo().CheckBox().Name("#:ID#").Label("#:Name#"))  # } #
    </div>
</script>

I get a failure in the client template.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Hernu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Oct 2018
2 answers
943 views

Hi guys,

I think I'm lacking some sort of fundamental knowledge of either Kendo UI or MVC itself. I have a fairly simple example which hopefully you can recreate and explain where I'm going wrong. Before I get to the code I'll explain what I'm trying to accomplish:

I have a form which will be used to capture details as you would normally expect. Inside this form I have a list view, the purpose of which is to allow the user to create and display information about an unspecified number of people. When it comes to saving these details I need the "Base" information to be saved first so that it is given an appropriate Id, after which I can then save the party details which would would of course reference this newly created id.

I'm trying to implement this as follows:

Classes

public class DemoPartyDetails
    {
        public int id { get; set; }
        public string firstName { get; set; }
        public string surname { get; set; }
 
        public DemoPartyDetails()
        {
 
        }
    }

 

public class DemoClass
    {
        public int id { get; set; }
        public string randomData { get; set; }
 
        public List<DemoPartyDetails> partyDetails { get; set; }
 
        public DemoClass()
        {
            partyDetails = new List<DemoPartyDetails>();
        }
    }

 

Controller

public class DemoController : Controller
    {
        // GET: Demo
        public ActionResult Index()
        {
            DemoClass demo = new DemoClass();
            DemoPartyDetails party = new DemoPartyDetails();
            party.firstName = "Test Name";
            party.surname = "Test Surname";
 
            demo.partyDetails.Add(party);
 
            return View(demo);
        }
 
[HttpPost]
        public ActionResult Create(DemoClass model)
        {
            try
            {
                if (model.partyDetails != null)
                    Console.WriteLine("Party details populated");
                else
                    Console.WriteLine("Something went wrong...");
 
                return RedirectToAction("Index");
            }
            catch
            {
                return View();
            }
        }
}

 

View

@model DemoPortal.Models.DemoClass
 
<html>
<head>
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
@using (Html.BeginForm("Create", "Demo", FormMethod.Post))
{
    <div>
    @Html.EditorFor(model => model.randomData)
    </div>
 
    <div>
        <a class="k-button k-button-icontext k-add-button" href="#"><span class="k-icon k-i-add"></span>Add Party</a>
        @(Html.Kendo().ListView(Model.partyDetails)
                    .Name("demoListView")
                    .TagName("div")
                    .ClientTemplateId("demoTemplate")
                    .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
                        .Model(model => model.Id(x => x.id))
                        )
                    .Editable(editable => editable.TemplateName("DemoPartyDetails"))
        )
    </div>
 
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
}
</body>
</html>
 
 
<script type="text/x-kendo-tmpl" id="demoTemplate">
    <div class="demoParty">
        <h3>#:firstName#</h3>
        <span>#:surname#</span>
    </div>
</script>
 
 
<script>
$(function() {
        var listView = $("#demoListView").data("kendoListView");
 
        $(".k-add-button").click(function(e) {
            listView.add();
            e.preventDefault();
        });
});
</script>

 

Editor Template

@model DemoPortal.Models.DemoPartyDetails
 
@using (Html.BeginForm())
{
    <div>
        @(Html.HiddenFor(model => model.id))
        @(Html.EditorFor(model => model.firstName))
        @(Html.EditorFor(model => model.surname))
 
        <div class="btnArea">
            <a class="k-button k-update-button" href="\\#"><span class="k-icon k-update"></span></a>
            <a class="k-button k-cancel-button" href="\\#"><span class="k-icon k-cancel"></span></a>
        </div>
    </div>
 
}

 

The view displays the pre-populated party data correctly which I guess implies that it has bound to the model correctly. However upon submitting the form the partyDetails list is null. The randomData string is populated correctly with whatever I entered, but I cannot figure out how to pass the partyDetails back to the controller.

I've done a bit of googling and found people sometimes struggle to pass IEnumerables to the controller, but all examples of the solutions do not involve the KendoUI and as such I struggle to implement them.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Marc

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Oct 2018
1 answer
175 views

My Kendo menu isn't playing nice.  I get this runtime error:

Object doesn't support property or method 'kendoMenu'

I've found references to taking out references to jquery in script inclusion, but trying that doesn't help.

 

Here is my script refs in my _layout.cshtml: 

@*@Scripts.Render("~/bundles/modernizr")*@<br>    @*<script src="~/Scripts/jquery-1.10.2.js"></script>*@<br>    <script src="~/Scripts/kendo.all.min.js"></script><br>    <script src="~/Scripts/kendo.menu.min.js"></script><br>    <script src="~/Scripts/kendo.aspnetmvc.min.js"></script>

 

Here is my implemtation:

@(Html.Kendo().Menu()

.Name("Menu")
                          .Items(items =>
                          {
                              items.Add().Action("Index", "Applications"); 

                          }));

Advide?

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2018
1 answer
326 views

Hi, we want to change the default values for all dropdowns in our project, so we have not to write it every time, for example set filter to contains in all. 

 

How can we override the constructor or change global settins for it? thank you

Ianko
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Oct 2018
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
Grid
General Discussions
Scheduler
DropDownList
Chart
Editor
TreeView
DatePicker
ComboBox
Upload
MultiSelect
ListView
Window
TabStrip
Menu
Installer and VS Extensions
Spreadsheet
AutoComplete
TreeList
Gantt
PanelBar
NumericTextBox
Filter
ToolTip
Map
Diagram
Button
PivotGrid
Form
ListBox
Splitter
Application
FileManager
Sortable
Calendar
View
MaskedTextBox
PDFViewer
TextBox
Toolbar
Dialog
MultiColumnComboBox
DropDownTree
Checkbox
Slider
Switch
Notification
Accessibility
ListView (Mobile)
Pager
Security
ColorPicker
DateRangePicker
Wizard
Styling
Chat
DateInput
MediaPlayer
TileLayout
Drawer
SplitView
Template
Barcode
ButtonGroup (Mobile)
Drawer (Mobile)
ImageEditor
RadioGroup
Sparkline
Stepper
TabStrip (Mobile)
GridLayout
Badge
LinearGauge
ModalView
ResponsivePanel
TextArea
Breadcrumb
ExpansionPanel
Licensing
Rating
ScrollView
ButtonGroup
CheckBoxGroup
NavBar
ProgressBar
QRCode
RadioButton
Scroller
Timeline
TreeMap
TaskBoard
OrgChart
Captcha
ActionSheet
Signature
DateTimePicker
AppBar
BottomNavigation
Card
FloatingActionButton
Localization
MultiViewCalendar
PopOver (Mobile)
Ripple
ScrollView (Mobile)
Switch (Mobile)
PivotGridV2
FlatColorPicker
ColorPalette
DropDownButton
AIPrompt
PropertyGrid
ActionSheet (Mobile)
BulletGraph
Button (Mobile)
Collapsible
Loader
CircularGauge
SkeletonContainer
Popover
HeatMap
Avatar
ColorGradient
CircularProgressBar
SplitButton
StackLayout
TimeDurationPicker
Chip
ChipList
DockManager
ToggleButton
Sankey
OTPInput
ChartWizard
SpeechToTextButton
InlineAIPrompt
TimePicker
StockChart
RadialGauge
ContextMenu
ArcGauge
AICodingAssistant
SmartPasteButton
PromptBox
SegmentedControl
LLM Kit
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?