As you an see in my view below, I am trying to read the selected values in the change event of my MultiColumnComboBox.
The box is populating fine with about 300 records from a JsonResult from the controller. Here are the problems I'm needing help with:
1) Getting/Reading the data value and data text of the selected item in the list. combo.item shows as undefined when I put a breakpoint on it in the browser.
2) I'd like to know how to get/read the text of the third column that isn't either the DataValue or DataText of the selected item, Title in this case.
3) When I click on the an item when the list is dropped down, I have to click a second time for it to collapse. In the demos, they collapse as soon as I click on an item.
------------------------------------------------------
@{
ViewBag.Title = "Index";
}
<h2>Bond Maturities</h2>
@(Html.Kendo().MultiColumnComboBox()
.Name("bonds")
.Placeholder("Select a bond")
.DataTextField("IssueAbbreviation")
.DataValueField("BondId")
.Columns(columns =>
{
columns.Add().Field("IssueAbbreviation").Title("Issue");
columns.Add().Field("Title");
columns.Add().Field("BondId").Title("ID");
})
.HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width:100%;" })
.Filter(FilterType.Contains)
//.AutoBind(false) <-- Prevents list from loading until something typed in to trigger filter.
.MinLength(3)
.DataSource(source => {
source.Read(read =>
{
read.Action("GetBondTitleList", "Bond");
})
//.ServerFiltering(true)
;
})
.Events(e => { e.Change("onChange"); })
)
<div class="box">
<h4>Console log</h4>
<div id="console"></div>
</div>
<script>
function onChange(e) {
$("#console").html("event: change");
//var numeric = $("#age").data("kendoNumericTextBox");
//numeric.value(10);
var combo = $("#bonds").data("kendoMultiColumnComboBox");
var dataItem = dataItem(combo.item.index()); //dataItem
$("#console").html("Changed to " + dataItem.Value);
//var dataItem = dataItem(combo.item.index());
alert("ID: " + dataItem.Value + "; Title: " + dataItem[2] );
}
</script>


Near the bottom of this page https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-mvc/grid/signalr?_ga=2.204361685.412210995.1583345536-858673893.1582302583 i
it says the following:
You can find more information in this article: Binding Grid widget to SignalR Hub.
However when I click on the link I get a 404. Any idea what happened to the article?

I have a 10 year old ASP.Net MVC 3 application that was originally built using Telerik ASP.Net MVC 3. I am now trying to upgrade the website to MVC 5, and I believe I have the standard ASP.Net components upgraded, but I am really stuck with the Telerik components. If I try to run the MVC 5 application with the Telerik MVC 3 components, I get this TypeLoadException. I made an attempt to upgrade to Telerick MVC 5, but it seems like all of the classes have changed, and as you can imagine, an application that has been in active development for 10 years has a lot of code, and I do not think I can just go and re-write it all to use completely different types for the controls. What kind of upgrade path can you recommend to get this application to run on MVC 5? If there is a way to just overcome this TypeLoadException with the Telerik MVC 3 components or to upgrade to Telerik MVC 5 without having to rewrite the entire application, that would be great. Thank you.
System.TypeLoadException: Inheritance security rules violated by type: 'Telerik.Web.Mvc.PopulateSiteMapAttribute'. Derived types must either match the security accessibility of the base type or be less accessible.

Hi, this may be a dummy question but I tried to use the .Data("forgerytoken") I got from the Grid examples but this obviously change the data adding a complex structure, I would like to keep the text property I got without the .Data
Thanks in advance.

Dear Telerik Admins
I want to know, Do you have any solution for dynamic change PageSize?
If i expand my question, I want to show my grid in 10 element default but when i want to show it in big screen i want to show in 20 or 30 element?
Is there any solution for it?
Thanks
I have 2 barcharts on a page, 1 showing monthly gross wages for a Year To Date, and a separate chart displaying the same thing, for the same period but for a year previously. I'd like to hilight somehow, whether through a different bar color or bold facing both the common categories in both charts... I hope that makes sense... Let's trim it down..
First chart shows customer A, B, and C
Second chart shows customer B, D, E
Somehow or another, I'd like to draw the viewers attention that the same customer appears on both charts. As I said, they are each different charts and data series' and completely unaware of each other.
<div class="chart"> @(Html.Kendo().Chart<GWChartData>() .Name("chartPayrollYTD") .ChartArea(ca => ca.Height(600)) .HtmlAttributes(new {@class = "center" }) .Title("Top 10 Client Gross Wages - YTD (" + DateTime.Now.ToString("MMMM") + " " + DateTime.Now.Year + ")") .Legend(l => l.Position(ChartLegendPosition.Top)) .Series(s => { s.Column(m => m.GrossWages).Name("Gross Wages").Color("#009933").Labels(l => l.Visible(true).Position(ChartBarLabelsPosition.OutsideEnd).Format("C")); }) .ValueAxis(va => va.Numeric().MinorGridLines(m => m.Visible(true)).Labels(l => l.Format("C"))) .CategoryAxis(c => c.Categories(m => m.ClientId).Labels(l => l.Visible(true))) .DataSource(ds => ds .Read(r => r.Action("YTDGrossWages", "GWHReport", new {topNumber = 10}).Type(HttpVerbs.Get)) .Events(ev => { ev.RequestEnd("requestEnd"); ev.RequestStart("requestStart"); }) ) .Tooltip(tp => tp.Visible(true).Template("#=category# - #=dataItem.ClientName#: #=kendo.format('{0:C}', value)#")) )</div><div class="chart"> @(Html.Kendo().Chart<GWChartData>() .Name("chartPayrollLastYear") .ChartArea(ca => ca.Height(600)) .HtmlAttributes(new {@class = "center" }) .Title("Top 10 Client Gross Wages - YTD (" + DateTime.Now.ToString("MMMM") + " " + (DateTime.Now.Year - 1) + ")") .Legend(l => l.Position(ChartLegendPosition.Top)) .Series(s => { s.Column(m => m.GrossWages).Name("Gross Wages").Color("#009933").Labels(l => l.Visible(true).Position(ChartBarLabelsPosition.OutsideEnd).Format("C")); }) .ValueAxis(va => va.Numeric().MinorGridLines(m => m.Visible(true)).Labels(l => l.Format("C"))) .CategoryAxis(c => c.Categories(m => m.ClientId).Labels(l => l.Visible(true))) .DataSource(ds => ds .Read(r => r.Action("YTDGrossWages_LastYear", "GWHReport", new {topNumber = 10}).Type(HttpVerbs.Get)) .Events(ev => { ev.RequestEnd("requestEnd"); ev.RequestStart("requestStart"); }) ) .Tooltip(tp => tp.Visible(true).Template("#=category# - #=dataItem.ClientName#: #=kendo.format('{0:C}', value)#")) )</div>In tracking down a datepicker display issue, I've found that kendo.toString returns a different value for some dates on Chrome than it does in IE.
Here is an example that differs:
kendo.toString(kendo.parseDate("\/Date(-1316628000000)\/"), "MM/dd/yyyy")
The datepicker uses kendo.toString to set the input element value. Unfortunately, this can actually mess up data if a datepicker is set with javascript and sent to the server with a full post.
What's going on here?