I am using Telerik MVC. Is there a way to have my own look when using grouping in a dropdownlist.
I would like to have different look in the grouping dropdownlist to sowh the group value on the right for each row in the selectbox.
Is it a way to do it?
the attached file Current.png is what I have now. the HopeToHave.png is what I was asked to do.
It seems I can not find any document on how to do it.
The code I have is
@(Html.Kendo().DropDownListFor(m => m.CompetencyName)
DataValueField("CompetencyName")
.DataTextField("CompetencyName")
.OptionLabel("Select...")
.DataSource(source => source
.Custom()
.Group(g => g.Add("CompetencyType", typeof(string)))
.Transport(transport => transport
.Read(read => read.Action("GetAllCompetencies", "Method", new { posTitle = ViewData["Title"] }).Type(HttpVerbs.Post))
)
)
)
Thanks.
Allen
I'm trying to use this basic TabStrip example:
I can see that the first tab for "Paris" is automatically activated by specifying `.Selected(true)`.
I have done similar in my code, and my first tab is automatically activated.
But, nothing happens whenever I select different tabs.
I click Tab 2 and Tab 1 is still showing.
What am I missing?
Hi everyone,
after troubles with Telerik, I tried to re-install the ASP.NET MVC module I have a licence for, the install went well but now I cant create a Telerik app nor upgrade an MVC app. I have also de-installed VS2019 and reinstalled, no more luck.
I get the following error:
An error occurred while running the
wizard.
Error executing custom action
Telerik.VSX.Actions.UpdateReferencesDataAction:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path
'C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\Telerik\ShadowCopy\Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml,
Version=2020.2.615.40, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken="**the token**"\Telerik.Windows.Documents.Spreadsheet.FormatProviders.OpenXml.dll'.
at
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at
System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean
overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
at
System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
at
Telerik.VSX.Internal.FileSystem.FileOperator.Copy(String sourceFileName, String
destinationFileName)
at
Telerik.VSX.Internal.Assembly.AssemblyLoader.GetShadowCopy(String assemblyPath)
at
Telerik.VSX.Internal.Assembly.AssemblyLoader.ReflectionOnlyLoadFromShadowCopy(String
loadInformation)
at
Telerik.VSX.DistributionListing.DistributionItem.GetReferencedAssemblies()
at
Telerik.VSX.DistributionListing.DistributionItem.GetFilteredPrerequisites()
at
Telerik.VSX.DistributionListing.DistributionItem.get_DistributionWidePrerequisites()
at
Telerik.VSX.DistributionListing.DistributionItemList.IntegrityCapableItem.ResetUnmetPrerequisites()
at
Telerik.VSX.DistributionListing.DistributionItemList.Add(IDistributionItem
newDistributionItem)
at
Telerik.VSX.DistributionListing.FileBasedDistribution.PopulateItems(DistributionItemList
items)
at
Telerik.VSX.DistributionListing.Distribution.get_Items()
at
Telerik.VSX.DistributionListing.ReferencesResolver.Resolve(IEnumerable`1
referencesNames, IDistribution distribution)
at
Telerik.VSX.Actions.UpdateReferencesDataAction.UpdateReferencesData(IPropertyDataDictionary
arguments)
at
Telerik.VSX.Actions.UpdateReferencesDataAction.Execute(WizardContext
wizardContext, IPropertyDataDictionary arguments)
at
Telerik.VSX.WizardEngine.Actions.ActionBase.Telerik.WizardFramework.IAction.Execute(IWizardContext
wizardContext, IPropertyDataDictionary arguments)
at
Telerik.VSX.WizardEngine.ActionManager.ExecActions()
I have not been able to find a solution at that time, have you any thought
thanks
Ray
Is there a way to display checkbox with 'Select All/Deselect All' checkbox within column menu which selects all or deselect all columns of the grid? We have about 40 to 50 columns in grid, clicking each column to hide bunch of columns is pretty tedious work.
Thanks.

Hi,
i was working on MVC project and rendered the filemanager in view with helpers.
after first loading the filemanager i did select a file and using "getSelected()" method, it returns an array of "FileManagerEntry" for each selected file.
when you load the second time it shows no files selected and in this case when i call the same "getSelected()" method, still it returns 1 record. i was expecting to be 0. can you please let me know what would be the issue.
Thanks
Regards
Hassan.

Hello,
Is it possible to change the language of the header? (Ex: instead of Sun, Mon to another language), I have tried changing the CurrentThread and CurrentUIThread culture to Italian but i still get the days of the week in english, the datetime pickers on Gantt also have values in English while i want them in Italian.
Futhermore, when i create a new Task i would like to have the word "New task" in Italian, but can't find a way to change it.
Thank you.
Bilhan.
I am using a DatePicker in a Modal to change the dates of various records without reloading the whole page. The Modal is loaded via an Ajax call. The modal contains a form and a single field similar to:
@(Html.Kendo().DatePickerFor(x => x.ScheduledDate)
.Start(CalendarView.Year)
.Depth(CalendarView.Month))
)
This works fine the first time the modal loads but on subsequent calls, the date picker is not rendered and an unstyled textbox is shown instead.
I am guessing that this has something to do with the fact that the page has already handled a control with the same id but because the modal has been replaced with new html, there are no duplicate ids on the page and I want to force kendo to render the picker again on the new control.
How do I do this?
I've got a Kendo editor with custom CSS styles that I'm importing via a custom style sheet. Is there a way to apply the classes to the p element instead of wrapping the text with a span element. I'm trying to control how the user formats the text to just the classes in my style sheet.
Thanks.
@(Html.Kendo().EditorFor(model => model.HtmlContent) .HtmlAttributes(new { style = "width: 85%;height:600px;" }) .Encode(false) .Tools(tools => tools .Clear() .Bold().Italic().Underline().Strikethrough() .JustifyLeft().JustifyCenter().JustifyRight().JustifyFull() .InsertUnorderedList().InsertOrderedList() .Outdent().Indent() .CreateLink().Unlink() .InsertImage() .InsertFile() //.SubScript() //.SuperScript() .TableEditing() .ViewHtml() .CleanFormatting() //.FontName() //.FontSize() //.FontColor().BackColor() .Formatting(formatting => formatting .Add("Intro Paragraph", ".doc-intro-paragraph") .Add("FAQ Question", ".doc-question") .Add("FAQ Answer", ".doc-answer") .Add("Section Title", ".doc-section-title") ) ) .PasteCleanup(p => p .All(false) .Css(true) .KeepNewLines(false) .MsAllFormatting(true) .MsConvertLists(true) .MsTags(true) .None(false) .Span(true) ) .StyleSheets(css => css.Add(Url.Content("~/Content/TextEditor.css"))) .ImageBrowser(imageBrowser => imageBrowser .Image("~/Content/Images/{0}") .Read("Read", "ImageBrowser") .Create("Create", "ImageBrowser") .Destroy("Destroy", "ImageBrowser") .Upload("Upload", "ImageBrowser") .Thumbnail("Thumbnail", "ImageBrowser") ) .FileBrowser(fileBrowser => fileBrowser .File("~/Content/Documents/{0}") .Read("Read", "FileBrowser") .Create("Create", "FileBrowser") .Destroy("Destroy", "FileBrowser") .Upload("Upload", "FileBrowser") ) )
Hello,
In our MVC project we used two kendo dropdownlist widgets. Since data may become huge we implemented virtual.valueMapper() to get job done. Both dropdownlist worked as expected but when I debug code and found one of valueMapper() never be called. Those two dropdownlist had exactly same setting. Why they are function differently? I am so curious the reason. Could someone explain this? Below are the code. Thanks in advance.
<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-3 col-sm-3">
@(Html.Kendo().DropDownListFor(model => model.FIELD1)
.DataTextField("Display")
.DataValueField("Value")
.Filter("contains")
.DataSource(source =>
{
source.Custom()
.ServerFiltering(true)
.ServerPaging(true)
.PageSize(80)
.Type("aspnetmvc-ajax")
.Transport(transport =>
{
transport.Read("GetField1Data", "Editor");
})
.Schema(schema => schema.Data("Data").Total("Total"))
;
})
.Virtual(v => v.ItemHeight(26).ValueMapper("valueMapperField1"))//<- never be called
)
</div>
<div class="col-lg-3 col-md-3 col-sm-3">
@(Html.Kendo().DropDownListFor(model => model.FIELD2)
.DataTextField("Display")
.DataValueField("Value")
.Filter("contains")
.DataSource(source =>
{
source.Custom()
.ServerFiltering(true)
.ServerPaging(true)
.PageSize(80)
.Type("aspnetmvc-ajax")
.Transport(transport =>
{
transport.Read("GetField2Data", "Editor");
})
.Schema(schema => schema.Data("Data").Total("Total"))
;
})
.Virtual(v => v.ItemHeight(26).ValueMapper("valueMapperField2")) //<- call valueMapperField2 function correctly.
)
</div>
