Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET Core Forum
2 answers
498 views

I use a Grid to display back some rows that have an Order{int} field.  When I display these items in the grid and elsewhere, they are to be displayed by order. 

 

I would like the user experience to have the 1st column in the grid contain up and down arrows.  Then, the user can select up/down on the arrows and the grid will submit a change to the row and the grid will display the row in its new location.

This is similar to how your NumericTextBox (https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-core/numerictextbox/index) has arrows except this just sets the order in which the records display in the grid.

public partial class Option
{
    public int Id { get; set; }
 
    [MaxLength(50)]
    public string Name { get; set; }
    [MaxLength(128)]
    public string Description { get; set; }
 
    public int Order { get; set; }
}

 

 

 

 

Joel
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Bronze
Bronze
 answered on 16 Dec 2020
1 answer
419 views
Is there a way to display an animation when the tabstrip is loading or hide its contents until its loaded?  I'm not asking for the animation property on a tab.  The issue I have is a tab strip with 8 tabs and a lot of UI.  It takes a few seconds to load and while its loading all the content is displayed on the page in tab one and it does not look good.  I need a way to hide the content until its loading or have a loading animation.
Aleksandar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2020
1 answer
1.3K+ views

I'm using UI for ASP.NET core 2020.3.1118, and i'm trying to implement a child grid with the ability to add an entry to my child grid

I need to pass the Id value from my Parent Grid to the model of the child when i add a new entry
I've been trying to use the 

model.Field(gp => gp.GroupId).DefaultValue(0); 

using a kendo template value "#=id#" in the child grid definition,  without success as the DefaultValue method only seems to allow to accept actual values.

I'm really looking for advice here,

i've currently resolved the issue by passing an additional parameter in my Create action and updating the model in my controler with the parameter

.Create(create => create.Action("Post", "GroupsPermission", new { NewGroupId = "#=Id#" }))

 

Thanks in Advance

 

 

Alex Hajigeorgieva
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Dec 2020
1 answer
227 views

I have a grid that is loading in a modal popup (a partial view) that requires some information from the parent page being set before calling the datasource on the controller.  I have set AutoBind to false and while it does prevent the datasource from calling the controller until I load the partial view, the .Data(javascript function) that builds the dataset needed for the controller is still being hit as soon as the parent page is initialized, but before the values on the page have been set (user input fields).  

Is there a way to either prevent this from happening, or is there another technique I should be using?

Thanks for any help in advance

 

 

Matt Bowser
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
 answered on 15 Dec 2020
4 answers
511 views

Hi 

I have implemented the card UI and have the drag and drop working using the example script

$(document).ready( function () { $("#list").kendoSortable({ filter: ".k-card", cursor: "move", placeholder: function (element) {return element.clone().css("opacity", 0.1);}, hint: function (element) {return element.clone().css("width", element.width()).removeClass("k-state-selected");}});});

I want to be able to save the new order if the user drags and drops and item.

Is there an event to know when a drag and drop action has occurred.

Then I can loop through a class in javascript and grab the order from the ids or a data attribute to re-order the items.

Many thanks

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2020
2 answers
186 views

After my page comes back after a post the selected items in the multi select are gone. The datasource http GET returns no items because it filters it base off text...

RAZOR .cshtml

<kendo-multiselect for="SearchCriteria.SiteId" value="@Model.SearchCriteria.SiteId" datatextfield="Name"
                                   datavaluefield="Id" placeholder="Search for a Clinic" filter="FilterType.Contains"
                                   auto-bind="true" deferred="true">
                    <datasource server-filtering="true">
                        <transport>
                            <read url="@Model.SearchProvidersURL">
                        </transport>
                    </datasource>
                </kendo-multiselect>

 

RAZOR Model page

public string SearchProvidersURL => $"{Url.Page("ByClinic")}?handler=ProviderSearch";
        public async Task<JsonResult> OnGetProviderSearch(string text)
        {
            var providerSites = await _lookUpService.GetProviderSites(text);

             //No Results if text is less than 3 characters because there are too many sites. I would return 40,000 items
            return new JsonResult(providerSites);
        }

 

Can I write some javascript that could run after the post happens, I don't know what to do?

 

 

 

 

Petar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2020
1 answer
184 views

I have a column with html code. i.e. <div style='color: green'> Active</div>

and I have the filterable operator set to "Contains" but the filter result is alway not found.

 

@(Html.Kendo().Grid(Model.Transaction)
.Name("Grid")
.Columns(columns =>
{
    columns.Bound(p => p.DisplayLeaseStatus).Title("Transaction Status").HtmlAttributes(new { style = "text-align:center" }).Filterable(ftb => ftb.Multi(true).BindTo(new[]{
                                    new { DisplayLeaseStatus = Active },
                                    new { DisplayLeaseStatus = Expired },
                                    new { DisplayLeaseStatus = Terminated }
                                    };));
 
})
 
.Scrollable(scrollable => scrollable.Height("auto"))
.Filterable(filterable => filterable
    .Extra(false)
    .Operators(operators => operators
        .ForString(str => str.Clear()
            .Contains("Contains")
        )
)
.Events(e => e.DataBound("dataBoundHandler"))
.DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
    .Ajax()
    .ServerOperation(false)
    .PageSize(50)
    .Events(e => e.Error("onError").RequestEnd("onRequestEnd")))
    .Resizable(resize => resize.Columns(true))
    .Reorderable(reorder => reorder.Columns(true))
    )

 

and the column data contents i.e. <div style='color : greed'> Active </div>

</div>

 

Any advice how i can filter this?


Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2020
3 answers
244 views

Can I export what is created in this Editor out to RTF or to DOCX files?

Thanks,

Joel

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Dec 2020
3 answers
710 views

Hello,

I have a grid edits in pop up:

 .Editable(editable => editable.Mode(GridEditMode.PopUp).TemplateName("RecordViewModelTemplate"))

The fields bind well to the model in the template when I do:

 <div class="form-group">
            <label asp-for="@Model.AnimalId"></label>
            <input asp-for="@Model.AnimalId" class="k-textbox" />
            <span asp-validation-for="@Model.AnimalId" class="text-danger k-invalid-msg" data-for="AnimalId"></span>
  </div>

  However, the fields don't bind to the model when I try:

@Html.CheckBoxFor(m => m.SampleTestPackage.biochemistry[1].Selected, new Dictionary<string, object> { { "class", "biochemistry" }, { "data-test", "Comprehensive" } })

  If the value is true in the model the check box doesn't appear selected.

I have tried also:

<h5> BIOCHEMISTRY </h5>
                                <div class="row">
                                    @{ for (int i = 0; i < @ViewBag.biochemistry.Count; i++)
                                        {
                                            var biochemistryId = String.Format("biochemistry{0}", @ViewBag.biochemistry[i].Value);
                                            <div class="form-group  col-4">
                                                <div class="custom-control custom-checkbox">
                                                    @Html.HiddenFor(m => m.SampleIndividualTest.biochemistry[i].Value)
                                                    @Html.HiddenFor(m => m.SampleIndividualTest.biochemistry[i].Text)
                                                    <input type="checkbox" id=@biochemistryId class="biochemistry custom-control-input" asp-for="@Model.SampleIndividualTest.biochemistry[i].Selected">
                                                    <label for=@biochemistryId class="custom-control-label"> @Html.Raw(@ViewBag.biochemistry[i].Text)</label>
                                                </div>
                                            </div> } }
                                </div>

but the check boxes don't bind and remain false when they are true/selected in the model.

If I do:

@{

if (Model == null){

<span> Model is empty </span>

}

}

I get as result that the model is empty.

 

I don't understand why some fields like AnimalId bind to the model and other no - when the model is apparently empty.

I am not coding anything to bind the model the template - is there any code I need to bind the model to the template when the edit event is clicked in the grid?

Also, when the update event is fired, the control gets and empty model, I suppose that it is logic as the model is empty.

Any help is appreciated, I suppose that I am missing the concept.

Kind Regards.

Tsvetomir
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Dec 2020
1 answer
133 views

I am struggling for last 3 days. all nugets installed.. and contoller is doing all that needs to do and returning viewmodel back to index view. but kendo grid doesn't render any thing. code below. am i doing any thing wrong here?

**************************************************************************************

@model Icaew.StudentRegistration.Admin.WebApp.Models.UserSearchViewModel
@using Kendo.Mvc.UI
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2017.1.118/styles/kendo.common.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2017.1.118/styles/kendo.rtl.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2017.1.118/styles/kendo.silver.min.css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2017.1.118/styles/kendo.mobile.all.min.css" />
<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.12.4.min.js"></script>
<script src="http://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2017.1.118/js/kendo.all.min.js">
</script>
<main class="primary content">    
    <div class="row">
        <div class="columns">     
            @if (Model != null && ViewBag.UsersCount >= 1 && !Model.HasError)
            {
                @(Html.Kendo().Grid(Model.SearchResult)
                        .Name("grid")
                        .DataSource(dataSource => dataSource
                            .Ajax()
                            .PageSize(2)
                            .ServerOperation(false)
                         )
                        .ToolBar(tools =>
                        {
                            tools.Pdf().Text("Custom PDF button text");
                            tools.Excel().Text("Custom Excel button text");
                        })
                        .Pageable()
                        .Sortable()
                        .Groupable()
                        .Columns(columns =>
                        {
                            columns.Bound(f => f.RecordCode);
                            columns.Bound(f => f.Firstname);
                        })
               )
            }
            <a asp-area="" class="cta-link" asp-controller="Home" asp-action="Index">Back</a>
        </div>
    </div>
</main>
************************************************************************************************************************************

please can anyone help me? am i not including any css or js?

Alex Hajigeorgieva
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Dec 2020
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?