Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
383 views
I'm working on the new RadButton and I've noticed an issue.

This one maybe something elementary that I am missing but I'm not quite sure how to simply make the text-font bold, either through css or the design-time code.  This simple button for some reason does not make the font bold:

<t:RadButton ID="rbtnGenerateReport" runat="server" Text="Generate Report" Font-Bold="true" />

And it doesn't seem to be just 'font-bold', it also seems that all the 'font' properties don't work.

Thanks in advance!
Zach
Bozhidar
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2010
3 answers
106 views
Hello,

I turned on Compression using the following in a browser file:
<browsers>
    <browser refID="Default">
        <controlAdapters>
            <adapter controlType="System.Web.UI.Page"
                     adapterType="Telerik.Web.UI.RadSessionPageStateCompression" />
        </controlAdapters>
    </browser>
</browsers>

That mostly works fine. However, when I create a page with a RadListView with an EditItemTemplate it throws a security exception. Since it works locally, but not on a shared host I'm assuming this is a medium trust issue.

The code is as follows:
<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="MainRadScriptManager" runat="server" EnableCdn="true">
</telerik:RadScriptManager>
<telerik:RadListView ID="TestRadListView" runat="server"
    DataKeyNames="TestID" DataSourceID="TestLinqDataSource">
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <asp:PlaceHolder ID="itemPlaceholder" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <p><%# Eval("Name") %></p>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <EditItemTemplate></EditItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>
 
<asp:LinqDataSource ID="TestLinqDataSource" runat="server"
    ContextTypeName="TestDataContext" TableName="Tests">
</asp:LinqDataSource>

If I remove the EditItemTemplate, it works again. The above is just a simple way to get the error to reproduce, the actual page is more complicated.


So, a few questions:
Is there something I forgot to do on the page itself?
If not, is there a way to make this work under medium trust?

If not, what is another simple method of moving the viewstate off the page with the above working?

Thanks
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Nov 2010
2 answers
176 views
Is there any way to populate a row of second grid from first grid, via clicking row of first grid.
I know i can achieve same using drag & drop rows, but i want to do it by clicking rows.
Please suggest. 
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Nov 2010
1 answer
221 views
Hi,
I need to add a "Delete" button to a RadPanelItem programmatically

The Panel Items are added dynamically to the RadPanelBar in the Page_Load method. At this time, I want to add a template or a delete button to the PanelItem (in the header itself, so that the delete button can be clicked without having to expand the item).

Is there a way to do it in the code behind ? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Nov 2010
1 answer
93 views
I am trying to require an item to be selected in a radcombobox if you click on a tab on the radtabstrip.  Code below:
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="cbProject" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" OnSelectedIndexChanged="cbProject_SelectedIndexChanged"
                    Height="120px" Sort="Ascending"  EmptyMessage="Enter Project" MarkFirstMatch="true" ValidationGroup="ClassValidationGroup">
                </telerik:RadComboBox>
                <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="reqCategory" ControlToValidate="cbProject"
                    runat="server" ErrorMessage="Please Select A Project" ValidationGroup="ClassValidationGroup"
                    InitialValue="" Display="Dynamic">
                </asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
  
<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="rpdTabStrip" Skin="Web20" runat="server" ClickSelectedTab="True"
                    AutoPostBack="True" SelectedIndex="0" CausesValidation="true">

I do not get any error if I click a tab.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Nov 2010
1 answer
112 views
I have a TreeView nested inside of a ComboBox. I need to raise a server side event when the drop down is closed. What is the best way to achieve this?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Nov 2010
2 answers
114 views
Hi all,

Now, i want to set focus first item in each pages of Grid. My grid is below:
1. ASPX page:
            <telerik:RadGrid  
            Width="99.8%" ID="radGridControl"
            runat="server"
            AutoGenerateColumns="true"
            AllowPaging="True"  
            AllowMultiRowSelection="True"  
            CellPadding="0" PageSize="10"  
            AllowFilteringByColumn="true"
            OnPreRender ="radGridControl_PreRender"
            >
            <MasterTableView IsFilterItemExpanded="false" Font-Bold="False" TableLayout="Fixed">
                <Columns>
                <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="CheckBoxTemplateColumn">
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <asp:CheckBox ID="chkItem" runat="server" />
                    </ItemTemplate>
                    <HeaderTemplate>
                        <asp:CheckBox ID="headerChkbox" runat="server" OnCheckedChanged="ToggleSelectedState" AutoPostBack="True"/>                      
                    </HeaderTemplate>
                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                </Columns>
            </MasterTableView>
            <ClientSettings  EnableRowHoverStyle="True">
                <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" />
                <ClientEvents  OnRowSelected="RowSelected" />
                <Scrolling
                            AllowScroll="True"
                            ScrollHeight="320"  
                            EnableVirtualScrollPaging="True"
                            UseStaticHeaders="True" />
            </ClientSettings>
            <AlternatingItemStyle    Height="20px" />
            <ItemStyle  Height="20px"  />
            <HeaderStyle Height="20px"  CssClass="hoanguyen-GridStyleRow" Font-Bold="True"  />
            </telerik:RadGrid>
2. Code-behid:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
        if (!IsPostBack)
        {
            radGridControl.Rebind();
            if (radGridControl.MasterTableView.Items[0] != null)
            {
                radGridControl.MasterTableView.Items[0].Focus();
            }
        }
}
3. I only focus first item with "CheckBox" column of first page. This column can't focus when page Scrolling is next page.
Can you help me to implement this problem?

Thank you!

Mr PhuongLD

Le Danh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Nov 2010
0 answers
75 views
When using combox filter, when type english, is is ok, but when type chinese, it show the result 1 or 2 seconds and then dispeare and show not match?
kk
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 30 Nov 2010
0 answers
42 views
When use auto complete in your rad combobox, search english is ok, but when search chinese, the result show about 1 or 2 seconds, then dispeared and show not match??
kk
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 30 Nov 2010
4 answers
267 views
Hi,

I'm using the classic AJAX controls (as required by the project upon which I am working - not negotiable).

I have a CheckBox which, when clicked, calls a javascript method setPostalAddressInRed()
In that method, a the text of a RadComboBox needs to be toggled between red and black i.e. if checked, red, if not checked black.
Paraphrasing my code, I have this:
setPostalAddressInRed() {
var isChecked = document.getElementById('AddressInactiveCheckBox').checked;
var
postState = document.getElementById('StatesComboBox');

if(isChecked == true) {
postState.style.color =
'red';}
else {
postState.style.color =
'black';
}
}

Unfortunately, that code is not working. It works for TextBoxes, but not RadComboBoxes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?