Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
22 answers
1.5K+ views
I want to show a radTooltip for each row of a radGrid individualy for a GridButtonColumn. So if user moves mouse over image of GridButtonColumn I have to determine the row and show LoadOnDemand tooltip with radTooltip Manger with information of correct row. Is this possible? Are there totorials or examples available, I couldn't find any?
marbleblue
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Dec 2010
4 answers
144 views
Hello,

My problem is that commands like itemupdated are not firing when i add radgrid to sharepoint 2007 (wss3).

I have searched forums and did my own attempts to fix this issue, but without success. For example i tried adding and setting radajax manager, but it still did not fix the issue.

Here is very simple example webpart code where itemupdated, nor ittemcommand events are not firing.

using System;
using System.Runtime.InteropServices;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Xml.Serialization;
 
using Microsoft.SharePoint;
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls;
using Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages;
 
using Telerik.Web.UI;
 
using System.Collections.Generic;
 
using Evlo.SPBase;
using System.Data;
 
 
namespace Evlo.Faktury.WebParts
{
    [Guid("93f15f95-ec1f-4564-9763-dd8599edaef6")]
    public class TSWPRadGridTest : System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPart
    {
        public TSWPRadGridTest()
        {
        }
 
        public RadGrid testGrid = new RadGrid();
 
        protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)
        {
            base.OnInit(e);
 
            testGrid.NeedDataSource += new GridNeedDataSourceEventHandler(polozkyFakturyGrid_NeedDataSource);
 
            testGrid.UpdateCommand += new GridCommandEventHandler(testGrid_UpdateCommand);
            testGrid.EditCommand += new GridCommandEventHandler(testGrid_EditCommand);
            testGrid.ItemCommand += new GridCommandEventHandler(testGrid_ItemCommand);
        }
 
        protected override void CreateChildControls()
        {
            base.CreateChildControls();
 
             
            testGrid.ID = "testovaciGrid";
            testGrid.AutoGenerateColumns = false;
            testGrid.MasterTableView.EditMode = GridEditMode.InPlace;
 
             
 
            using (SPSite site = new SPSite(SPContext.Current.Site.ID))
            {
                using (SPWeb web = site.OpenWeb(SPContext.Current.Web.ID))
                {
                    testGrid.Columns.Add(new GridBoundColumn
                    {
                        HeaderText = "Testovaci polozka",
                        DataField = "TestovaciField"
                    });
 
                    testGrid.Columns.Add(new GridEditCommandColumn
                    {
                        HeaderText = "Upravit",
                        ButtonType = GridButtonColumnType.LinkButton
                    });
                }
            }
 
            this.Controls.Add(testGrid);
        }
 
        void testGrid_ItemCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)
        {
            //e.CommandName
            //throw new NotImplementedException();
        }
 
        void testGrid_EditCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)
        {
            //throw new NotImplementedException();
        }
 
        void testGrid_UpdateCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)
        {
            //throw new NotImplementedException();
        }
 
        void polozkyFakturyGrid_NeedDataSource(object sender, GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)
        {
            DataTable dataTable=new DataTable("testGridDataTable");
 
            DataColumn dc1 = new DataColumn("TestovaciField", System.Type.GetType("System.String"));
            dataTable.Columns.Add(dc1);
 
            DataRow dr1 = dataTable.NewRow();
            dr1["TestovaciField"] = "Test1";
 
            dataTable.Rows.Add(dr1);
 
            RadGrid testGrid = (RadGrid)sender;
            testGrid.DataSource = dataTable;
        }
    }
}

Thank you very much for your help.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2010
1 answer
103 views
<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager2" runat="server" enableshadow="true"
    Skin="Office2007" ShowContentDuringLoad="True" InitialBehavior="Close" Behavior="Close,Move">
    <Windows>
        <telerik:RadWindow ID="UserListDialog" runat="server" Title="Cost Basis Detail Screen"
            Skin="Office2007" Height="320px" Width="450px" Left="150px" ReloadOnShow="true"
            VisibleStatusbar="false" ShowContentDuringLoad="false" Modal="true" />
        <telerik:RadWindow ID="AddTaxLot" runat="server" Title="Add Tax Lot Screen" Skin="Office2007"
            Height="435px" Width="380px" Left="150px" ReloadOnShow="true" VisibleStatusbar="false"
            ShowContentDuringLoad="false" Modal="true" />
        <telerik:RadWindow ID="UpdateTaxLot" runat="server" Title="Allocate Tax Lot" Skin="Office2007"
            Height="460px" Width="715px" Left="100px" ReloadOnShow="true" VisibleStatusbar="false"
            ShowContentDuringLoad="false" Modal="true" />
    </Windows>
</telerik:RadWindowManager>
Hi ,

I want to make background effect not to appear when radwindow popup. please refer the screen shot.. what configuration i need to make in the code..
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2010
4 answers
170 views
Hello,

I have 4 RadGrids in editmode in my content page and they are in a multipageview. My problem is when I want to update all my grids. They are in my content page and i've made a button to update the grids in the masterpage. Is there a way to access the values of the grids in my content page from the masterpage or to call the update commande of the radgrids from the masterpage.

Thanks

Keven
Keven
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Dec 2010
2 answers
173 views
Hi,

I am trying to get the following scenario working:

Masterpage (containing radajaxmanager) > ContentPage
ContentPage contains 2 divs wrapped in an ajaxified wrapper.  First div has a linkbutton that reveals the second div.  Second div contains a required field validator.

The initially hidden validator doesn't work (using display:none; not visible=false).

If I take this exact scenario and remove the masterpage, it works fine.

For example - this DOES WORK
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="test2_nomaster.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" />
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" />
   
  <div runat="server" id="ajaxWrapper">
     
    <div runat="server" ID="pn0">
        <asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="lb1" OnClick="nextClick1">Go</asp:LinkButton>   
    </div>
 
    <div runat="server" id="pn1" style="display:none;">
 
       Required field with required validator
       <asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ErrorMessage="*" ID="req1" ControlToValidate="tb1" ValidationGroup="formGroup1" />
       <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="tb1" />
         
       <asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="lb2" OnClick="nextClick2" CausesValidation="true" ValidationGroup="formGroup1">Next</asp:LinkButton>
   
    </div>
 
    <div runat="server" ID="pn2" style="display:none;">
        Validation passed
    </div>
 
</div>
 
____
 
public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
{
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        RadAjaxManager1.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(ajaxWrapper, ajaxWrapper);
    }
 
    protected void nextClick1(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        pn0.Style["Display"] = "none";
        pn1.Style["Display"] = "block";
    }
 
    protected void nextClick2(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        pn1.Style["Display"] = "none";
        pn2.Style["Display"] = "block";
    }
}

This doesn't
<%@ Page Title="" Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/test.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="test.aspx.cs" Inherits="myPage" %>
<%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/test.master" %>
 
<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" Runat="Server">
 
<div runat="server" id="ajaxWrapper">
     
    <div runat="server" ID="pn0">
        <asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="LB1" OnClick="nextClick1">Go</asp:LinkButton>   
    </div>
 
    <div runat="server" id="pn1" style="display:none;">
 
       Required field with required validator
       <asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ErrorMessage="*" ID="req1" ControlToValidate="tb1" ValidationGroup="formGroup1" />
       <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="tb1" />
         
       <asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="LB2" OnClick="nextClick2" CausesValidation="true" ValidationGroup="formGroup1">Next</asp:LinkButton>
   
    </div>
 
    <div runat="server" ID="pn2" style="display:none;">
        Validation passed
    </div>
 
</div>
 
</asp:Content>
 
______
 
public partial class myPage : System.Web.UI.Page
{
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        RadAjaxManager myAjaxMgr = (RadAjaxManager)this.Page.Master.FindControl("RadAjaxManager1");
        myAjaxMgr.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(ajaxWrapper, ajaxWrapper);
    }
 
    protected void nextClick1(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        pn0.Style["Display"] = "none";
        pn1.Style["Display"] = "block";
    }
 
    protected void nextClick2(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        pn1.Style["Display"] = "none";
        pn2.Style["Display"] = "block";
    }
}
cglubish
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 14 Dec 2010
1 answer
62 views
Does anyone know what's the process is for setting the OuterCssClass on the clientside?
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2010
1 answer
75 views
How to prevent WCF service from running second time for SelectCount event? I use GetDataAndCount method, however I can see that
WCF service is called twice for some reason...

Could it be because of additional custom parameter, that I had to add into databinding (as in your example), so GetDataAndCount is not 'recognized' as a method to be called once?

Addition: it's ok now, I had to add additional parameter directly into javascript method, because DataBinding event is not fired for some reason.

Now the problem is that WCF service ignores cookieless session from ASP.NET site.
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2010
2 answers
105 views
I am using RadEditor in my application.  I have found one BUG in this control.

Once I select the font size, it reverts to the original setting each time I hit the enter key more than once. I have also tested this in the latest Telerik Controls for Editor and it has the same issue. Do you have any work around for this. I have a number of users using editor and they are facing this problem in their daily lives.

Thanks for your help!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2010
6 answers
368 views
Is there a way the RadComboBox can display a 'No Results Found' message in the dropdown when a load on demand request returns no matches?

Currently there's a pause while the database is queried and then the dropdown remains empty, its not very user friendly.
Rick
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Dec 2010
9 answers
108 views
I have a radgrid which contains extended information that I would like to display based on a date clicked on RadScheduler. I can get the grid to perform the refresh using the OnClientTimeSlotClickHandler and the RadAjaxManager, however, the date is not being passed to the SQLDataSource that the grid uses so no data is diplayed in the grid. Any help would be appreciated.

<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">       
<script type="text/javascript"> 
    function OnClientTimeSlotClickHandler(sender, eventArgs) { 
        if (sender.get_selectedView() == Telerik.Web.UI.SchedulerViewType.MonthView) { 
            $find("<%=RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>").ajaxRequest(eventArgs.get_time().format("MM/dd/yyyy")); 
        } 
    }           
</script>      
</telerik:RadCodeBlock>  
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server"> 
            <ajaxsettings> 
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1"> 
                    <updatedcontrols> 
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="sds_SubRequests" UpdatePanelHeight="" /> 
                    </updatedcontrols> 
                </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadCodeBlock1"> 
                    <updatedcontrols> 
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" /> 
                    </updatedcontrols> 
                </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
            </ajaxsettings> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="sds_SubRequests" runat="server" 
    ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Human_ResourcesConnectionString %>"  
    SelectCommand="SELECT [DateSubNeeded], [Reason], [Location], [FullName], [OU], [Telephone1] FROM [vw_SCS_SubRequests] WHERE ([DateSubNeeded] = @DateSubNeeded)"> 
    <SelectParameters> 
        <asp:Parameter Name="clickedDateTime" Type="DateTime" /> 
    </SelectParameters> 
</asp:SqlDataSource>

Protected Sub RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs) 
    RadScheduler1.SelectedDate = DateTime.Parse(e.Argument) 
    RadScheduler1.SelectedView = SchedulerViewType.DayView 
    sds_SubRequests.SelectParameters("clickedDateTime").DefaultValue = RadScheduler1.SelectedDate 
End Sub





Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?