This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Appointment is only displayed in one slot

3 Answers 51 Views
ScheduleView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Helmut
Top achievements
Rank 1
Helmut asked on 07 Oct 2019, 07:42 AM

Hello,

I have the following problem with the Schedule View.

When I display a resource multiple times in a calendar, the appointments are only displayed in one slot. The problem can also be seen in the Telerik WPF ScheduleView demo "filter sub-group headers". Sven Ottlieb is in Level Basic, Advanced and Expert, but the dates are only displayed in Level Expert. Is there a solution?

Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Helmut

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dinko | Tech Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 07 Oct 2019, 11:04 AM

Hi Helmut,

I think I haven't fully understood this scenario. Is it possible to share an image of the described behavior with a little elaboration? Also, which ViewDefinition are you referencing? 

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Dinko
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Helmut
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Oct 2019, 11:29 AM

Hi Dinko,

In our application resources are managed hierarchically, a resource can exist in several structures, so it has several parent resources. In the ScheduleView, this tree structure is displayed in the Timeline view, so the same resource can exist multiple times in the Datasource.

ReadOnlySlots are displayed correctly, in each line of the resource. However, appointments are only displayed in the first line of the resource.

Best regards,
Helmut

Telerik team
answered on 10 Oct 2019, 10:15 AM

Hi Helmut,

Thank you for the provided image.

I think I understood the scenario. Looking at the attached image, the appointment in the second resource is not shown, because it does not contain the exact and the same resources. The following code snippet demonstrates what I have in mind. You need to add all the resources where you want to show the appointment.

Appointment myApp = new Appointment();
myApp.Subject = "AB101";
myApp.Start = new DateTime(2019,09,01);
myApp.End = new DateTime(2019,09,01);
myApp.Resources.Add(new Resource() { ResourceName = "Standort Bayern", ResourceType=" (your type here) "   });
myApp.Resources.Add(new Resource() { ResourceName = "Aichnach", ResourceType="(your type here)"   });
myApp.Resources.Add(new Resource() { ResourceName = "Altötting" ,ResourceType = "(your type here)" });

Regards,
Dinko
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
ScheduleView
Asked by
Helmut
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Telerik team
Helmut
Top achievements
Rank 1