This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

App crashing with Docking after Q3 2013 SP2 Update

1 Answer 8 Views
Docking
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Anthony asked on 19 Feb 2014, 05:18 AM
Hi,

I am not sure what has changed but after I updated to Q3 2013 SP2 my app that uses docking is now crashing with an exception that it can no longer find the PRISM region "ShellMainRegion". Before the update I had no issues and my code has not changed in over a year.

If I comment out the Docking control my application has no issues.

My XAML snippet is below.

Thanks
Anthony

​            <telerik:RadDocking x:Name="RadDocking" BorderThickness="0" PreviewShowCompass="OnRadDockingPreviewShowCompass" Close="OnRadDockingClose" PaneStateChange="OnRadDockingPaneStateChange" AllowDrop="False">
                <telerik:RadDocking.DocumentHost>
                    <telerik:RadSplitContainer AllowDrop="False">
                        <telerik:RadPaneGroup BorderThickness="0" AllowDrop="False">
                            <telerik:RadDocumentPane Header="DocPane" Visibility="Collapsed" CanUserClose="False" ContextMenuTemplate="{x:Null}" AllowDrop="False">
                                <Grid x:Name="ShellMainGrid" Margin="-10,-10,-10,-10" Background="{StaticResource WindowBackgroundBrush}">
                                    <ContentControl x:Name="ShellMainRegion" Margin="5,5,5,0" prismrgn:RegionManager.RegionName="ShellMainRegion" VerticalContentAlignment="Stretch" HorizontalContentAlignment="Stretch"/>
                                </Grid>
                            </telerik:RadDocumentPane>
                        </telerik:RadPaneGroup>
                    </telerik:RadSplitContainer>
                </telerik:RadDocking.DocumentHost>
                <telerik:RadSplitContainer x:Name="RadSplitContainer" InitialPosition="DockedLeft" AllowDrop="False">
                    <telerik:RadPaneGroup x:Name="RadPaneGroup" AllowDrop="False"/>
                </telerik:RadSplitContainer>
            </telerik:RadDocking>

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Kalin
Telerik team
answered on 21 Feb 2014, 07:39 AM
Hello Anthony,

We are already aware that issue in the Q3 2013 SP2 release of the controls and it has already been fixed. The fix is available with the latest internal build, so my suggestion would to upgrade the version of the controls.

Please give it a try and let us know if you still have any issues.

Regards,
Kalin
Telerik
Tags
Docking
Asked by
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Kalin