This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

An error has occured while processing HtmlTextBox

2 Answers 120 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Shonda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shonda asked on 13 Aug 2009, 08:36 PM
I am getting the error message "
An error has occured while processing HtmlTextBox 'htmlTextBox1':
" when my report is displayed. The rest of the report looks just fine.

The data the is supposed to be in the textbox is just a string w/o any HTML markup ("Mother & sister w/ thyroid dz. Positive for CA & HTN.").

This was working in my testing environment and when I moved it to my production environment I began to get the error.

Are there any common problems with the HtmlTextBox that I should be aware of? Is there something I could do to get the true error message?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Shonda
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Aug 2009, 09:00 PM
I figured it out on my own.  It turns out that the HtmlTextbox does not like the special chars: &, < or > in a string that is not represented in the html special char markup of s&amp; &gt or &lt.  It seems to be only these 3 that I have identified as the problems. I have not tried all, but the most common of the special chars.
0
PH
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Dec 2016, 12:44 PM
Thank you very much for posting this.  I just wasted two hours chasing this - should have hit Google earlier.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Shonda
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shonda
Top achievements
Rank 1
PH
Top achievements
Rank 2
Share this question
or