This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

An error has occured while processing

8 Answers 533 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Pedro Alonso
Top achievements
Rank 2
Pedro Alonso asked on 24 Apr 2010, 02:42 AM
I have a report that works fine when all report's parameters have values that make the data source get records.
But when the result's query has zero records, the report gives me the following error:

An error has occured while processing TextBox 'paymentIdDataTextBox':
The expression contains object 'paymentId' that is not defined in the current context.

How can I display a "No Records Found" message?

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 28 Apr 2010, 04:34 PM
Hi Pedro Alonso Lopez,

We did not find any download history for your account so we are not sure which version of the product you're using, but this sounds like a problem that we have already fixed in the latest Q1 SP1 version. Please download it and upgrade and let us know if still having problems.

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
0
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Apr 2010, 04:14 PM
I am receiving the same error even with the latest service pack.

Steps for us to reproduce the problem:
- using a Release executable of our application
- running in Windows XP
- running the report once works fine, running the report a second and any number of subsequent times produces the error
- a similar error occurs on all textboxes of all subreports of the report

Interestingly, I cannot reproduce this problem in my environment:
- Visual Studio 2005
- Windows 7
0
Pedro Alonso
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Apr 2010, 10:53 PM
Thank you Steve
I just upgrade telerik reporting version to 4.0.10.423 and the problem was solved.
0
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 May 2010, 04:00 PM
Our issue was that in some cases we were calling .RefreshReport() twice within a few lines of code.  It seems that the report processing could not handle this in some cases.  The result of this was two-fold:

1. Sometimes we would see the message "Report processing has been cancelled" and the report would not display at all.
2. Sometimes the report would display, but we would get red error messages for each textbox on each subreport.  The messages were similar to:

"An error has occured while processing TextBox 'dateBox': The expression contains object 'CREATEDATE' that is not defined in the current context."

This occurred in both Q1 2010 and Q1 2010 SP1.

We fixed this issue be ensuring that we only call .RefreshReport() once.
0
sabarishbabu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Nov 2010, 04:01 PM
Hi,

We are facile same problem.
Any update?
How to Solve the issue?


Thanks
Sabarish
0
Randa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2012, 08:05 PM
Version Q2 2011

I have the same issue with a column, I am binding alll the report to a stored procedure, and one column is total Hours calculated for a user, and I get this error. Here is the stored procedure, and I just selected these field in my details.
Does this has to do with null values, I have the Colum NumberOfPeopleServed exactly the same.  

An error has occured while processing TextBox 'TotalHoursDateTextBox'"
The expression contains object 'TotalHours that is not defined in the current context.

SELECT

 

 

,Status as Status  

,convert(varchar, F.EventDate, 101) AS "EventDate"  

, (Select ISNULL(SUM(CONVERT(int, b.NoPeopleServed)),0) from tb_people b where FormId = FormId ) as "NumberOfPeopleServed"  

,(Select ISNULL (SUM(CONVERT ( int, H.Hours)),0) from tb_hours H where H.FormID = F.FormID) As "TotalHours" 

, ContactPerson 

 

FROM  

-- this is a view from vairous tables where I need the information  

dbo

.vw_Information 

 

0
Randa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2012, 08:10 PM
Never mind found the problem the field in the stored procedure had a space before the name " TotalHours" and not "TotalHours"
0
Keith
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Apr 2013, 11:29 PM

We were seeing the same error;

An error has occurred while processing PictureBox 'userLogo':

Invalid image data.

------------- InnerException -------------

Unable to connect to the remote server

It turned out for us that the user we were connecting to SQL with, needed to be reset to the instance User. In our case, all other processes worked with the user except for Telerik reports. Once we reset the SQL user it worked. Our user is a SQL DBO user in the db we use with Telerik.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Pedro Alonso
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pedro Alonso
Top achievements
Rank 2
sabarishbabu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Randa
Top achievements
Rank 1
Keith
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or