This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Ambiguous match found

1 Answer 57 Views
TileView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Peter asked on 01 Sep 2011, 07:40 AM

I have a problem changing a property of the RadTileView control (e.g. IsEnabled) using the properties panel. I get always an error message. I did the following steps:

1. Create a new WpfApplication
  2. I dropped a RadExpander control
  3. I dropped a RadTileView control
  4. Select the RadExpander, click the IsEnabled property in the property panel
    à there is no problem
  5. Select the RadTileView, click the IsEnabled property in the property panel
    à I get the message “Property value is not valid”

Error message in MainWindow:

Ambiguous match found.
   at System.RuntimeType.GetPropertyImpl(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Type returnType, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
   at System.Type.GetProperty(String name)
   at MS.Internal.ComponentModel.DependencyPropertyKind.get_IsDirect()
   at System.ComponentModel.DependencyPropertyDescriptor.FromProperty(DependencyProperty dependencyProperty, Type targetType)
   at Microsoft.Expression.Platform.WPF.WpfDependencyPropertyImplementation.get_Attributes()
   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignModel.Metadata.DependencyPropertyReferenceStep.get_Attributes()
   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignModel.Metadata.ClrObjectMetadata.InitializeAlternateContentPropertiesIfNecessary()
   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignModel.Metadata.ClrObjectMetadata.GetContentProperties()
   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignModel.Metadata.ClrObjectMetadata.get_ContentProperties()
   at Microsoft.Expression.DesignModel.Core.ViewNodeManager.InvalidateInternal(List`1 invalidRoots, Boolean forceValidateExpressionCache)
   at Microsoft.Windows.Design.Platform.ViewProducerBase.ApplyUpdate(Delta delta)
   at Microsoft.Windows.Design.Platform.ViewProducerBase.IncrementalRebuild(DocumentTreeManager tree, Damage damage)
   at Microsoft.Windows.Design.Platform.ViewProducerBase.UpdateView(DocumentTreeManager tree, Damage damage)
   at Microsoft.Windows.Design.DocumentModel.ViewProducer.UpdateView(UpdateDamageArguments args)

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Zarko
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2011, 09:32 AM
Hi Peter,
Thank you for the feedback. We'll look into this issue and we'll try to fix it for some of our next releases. I added this as a bug in our PITS under the name "An exception thrown if you try to change some RadTileView property from the property panel" and it will be ready for tracking tomorrow the latest.
I've updated your telerik account and if you have more questions feel free to ask.

Best wishes,
Zarko
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Tags
TileView
Asked by
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Zarko
Telerik team
Share this question
or