This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Again about 'Report is unavailable or session has expired'
4 Answers 81 Views
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael asked on 07 Sep 2010, 05:20 PM
Hi Telerik team

Yesterday I spent more than 4 hours to figure out the problem and nothing from your forum didn't help.

Then I found that if I disable such code from App.xaml.cs - problem disappears

WebRequest.RegisterPrefix("http://"WebRequestCreator.ClientHttp);
WebRequest.RegisterPrefix("https://"WebRequestCreator.ClientHttp); I prepared sample project to reproduce the issue, but cannot attach it here Please answer me ASAP if you have some workaround. My project really needs above mentioned code Regards, Michael

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Tobias Rodewi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Sep 2010, 02:09 PM
I suppose you need those lines to get the fault exceptions from your services? I just stumbled upon the same issue, but there are two ways to enable fault exceptions in SL4. The two options can be viewed at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee844556%28VS.95%29.aspx
I'm just about to try and do option 1 now instead, which would (assumably) correct this problem. The way you/we are doing it now (using an alternative HTTP stack for the SL client) leads to that "information stored by the browser (such as authentication cookies) will no longer be available to Silverlight, and thus certain scenarios involving secure services might stop working"
0
Tobias Rodewi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Sep 2010, 03:30 PM
Just to let you know, if your reason for changing the HTTP stack was handing wcf-faults, using the option #1 in the previous link sorted this problem.

EDIT: Perhaps this should be added to a silverlight reporting kb/faq? I sure was lucky to have found this forum post which got me thinking and make me try the other alternative.
0
Tobias Rodewi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2010, 09:09 AM
This problem arouse once again for me when deploying the app (Silverlight) to the webserver. Worked just fine while developing..

EDIT: I just got it working by changing the App Pool of the project to the default one, instead of a separate one which it had previously. Odd part is that even though the settings for the two app pools were changed to be identical, it still didn't work. It had to be in the default app pool..

Another edit: I just traced the issue to the naming of the app pool. There were a space in the app pools name which were the reason for it not working!

So far I've stumbled upon two issues when using the Silverlight Report Viewer:
- One must not use the alternative HTTP-stack for the client
- You must make sure not to have spaces in your app pool, according to other forum topics, the same goes for the computer hostname of the webbserver..
0
Tobias Rodewi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2010, 12:50 PM
I withdraw my previous statement. It still acts up randomly, but if I switch the app pool to the default one it works again. Very odd behavior indeed. Sorry for hijacking this topic btw.
Asked by
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tobias Rodewi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or