This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

After upgrade to Q1 2014, Silverlight Report Viewer does not appear

4 Answers 59 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael Evans
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael Evans asked on 04 Mar 2014, 03:59 PM
I just attempted to upgrade all our Telerik controls in our Silverlight application from Q1 2013 to Q1 2014. Everything seems to work OK except the Reporting. When I bring up our report viewer page, the screen is empty - the ReportViewer control does not even appear.

I ran the Report Upgrade Wizard to move our reports from 7.0.13.220 to 8.0.14.225.

When the page loads, it is calling - successfully - to the ReportService.svc on the web side when I attempt to ListAvailableReports. The ListAvailableReportsCompleted event is firing and returning all the reports. My code finds the correct report and then sets the Report property of the ReportViewer control to the FullName property of the appropriate returned Telerik.Reporting.Service.ReportInfo object. (This is the fully qualified name of the object).

However, when the function is left, the ReportViewer does not attempt to communicate with the ReportService.svc service as it did in the previous version of the controls. I have verified this using Fiddler. Fiddler shows that the call to ListAvailableReports is made, but that is the only call. In the old version of the controls, the following methods of the WCF Service are called, in this order:

RenderAndCache
ListAvailableReports
ListRenderingExtensions
RenderAndCache
GetPage

Any idea why this would be broken in the latest release? Is there some property on the ReportViewer I must set to have it automatically generate the report? Is there a method I can call to force the ReportViewer to render the page?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Michael Evans
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2014, 04:32 PM
I just noted that the release notes say there is a breaking change regarding implicit styling of the ReportViewer, and to "Check out the detailed release notes for more information on how to address this change in your applications." but I cannot find where these detailed release notes are.
Michael Evans
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2014, 04:50 PM
Never mind, I figured it out. Not incredibly well documented and not a fan of breaking changes like this.
Günter Welzel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Mar 2014, 03:39 PM
It would be cool if you could share your informations with us. I have exact the same Problem right now.
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2014, 03:49 PM
Hello Günter,

To fix such issues where the report viewer shows a blank window please follow the The WPF/Silverlight report viewer is blank after upgrading from version prior to Q1 2014 to Q1 2014 or later KB article.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Michael Evans
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Michael Evans
Top achievements
Rank 1
Günter Welzel
Top achievements