This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The source of the report definition has not been specified

1 Answer 118 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
AAA
Top achievements
Rank 1
AAA asked on 05 Nov 2013, 03:15 PM
I have viewed the forum for previous messages relating to this error, but my issue is not resolved.
When I click my "Search" button, I am supposed to display data in a Telerik Reportview control. However, I get the message "The source of the report definition has not been specified."  

In my Telerik.Reporting.Report page, I have a Telerik.Reporting.SQLDataSource control that has a valid connection string value, along with a valid parameters value and a SelectCommand value to a stored procedure.

In the Telerik.Reporting.Report page, the properties window displays a valid value for the DataSource along with ReportParameters. 

So I am providing an accurate report source. I can see the data perfectly fine in Preview and HTML mode in the reportviewer design time. The issue is when I run my asp.net application, I cannot see the data displayed on the aspx page.

What else could be causing the data to not display?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 08 Nov 2013, 12:00 PM
Hi,

Please take a look at the How to: Add report viewer to a web page help article, and double-check if when the ReportViewer is shown on the page its ReportSource property is assigned to a report source object wrapping the created report definition.

In case you are using the new HTML5 Report Viewer, please check the steps required to add the viewer and display a report in it:

If you need further help, please elaborate on the way the report is assigned and displayed in the viewer.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
AAA
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or