This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

"Global" datasource

1 Answer 47 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Steve asked on 24 Sep 2013, 01:35 PM
I have a report set up with columns representing dates. I want a conditional formating on these column to "grey out" holidays or dates that we are not opened. Those dates are in a SQL table. I have created a second DataSource that successfully gets a list of the closed dates, but I have no clue how (or if it's possible) to access that list of dates within the conditional formating expression.

I do know that I could make a custom function to return that list of dates, but I am using the standalone design and would like to keep it that way. We use express versions of Visual Studio and even if getting a full version is a possibility, I am curently evaluating this reporting service in terms of features vs price. Requiring a full version of Visual Studio greatly affects this ratio.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Sep 2013, 06:22 PM
The solution was to simply set the AvailableValues to the datasource and the Value (default value) to the property "= Fields.date.Date".

I'm still unsure how to display those values (Ex." = First(Parameters.MyParameter)" does NOT work) but I was able to acheive what I needed at the moment, which is a conditional formating that depends on a list of dates taken from that datasource.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Share this question
or