This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

DataForm Validation

5 Answers 169 Views
DataForm
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Thomas asked on 19 Sep 2013, 12:38 PM
Hello everybody,

I have a dataform with some fields declared as nullable double (i.e. double?). When I start my application, it is OK I have empty fields for the nullable parameters. But if I start to fill one of these fields and then I delete what I have written, I cannot let the field empty again. The field is boxed with a red frame and a validation exception disables end edit button.

Do you have an explanation and a method to let my fields empty ? I tried to modify the validation exception but I cannot find where they are defined.

Thank you !

Regards,

Thomas

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2013, 01:44 PM
Hello Thomas,

I would suggest you to check the DataForm's Validation help articles for a reference (Link1, Link2).

Regards,
Yoan
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for WPF.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Sep 2013, 04:12 PM
Hello Yoan,

Thank you for your answer. I already have read these articles but I still can't manage to let my fields empty. Plus, I don't know how to disable automatic validation control.

Regards,
Thomas
Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 27 Sep 2013, 02:02 PM
Hello Thomas,  

In order to achieve your goal, you can try to set the TargetNullValue to string.empty on the Binding. Please check the following code snippet for a reference:

<telerik:DataFormDataField DataMemberBinding="{Binding StadiumCapacity, Mode=TwoWay, TargetNullValue=''}" />

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Yoan
Telerik
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Sep 2013, 04:00 PM
Hello Yoan,

Thank you again for your answer. But it doesn't work. I think my explanation was not clear. I have taken some pictures to illustrate my issue. Capture1 represents the state of the dataform when I start edition. Some fields (declare as nullable double in the code) are empty. Then, I type some figures in one field => Capture2. Finally, I delete all these figures to let the field empty, as it was at the beginning. A validation error message occurs and disables me to end editing => Capture3.

Have you an idea to help me to fix this issue ?

Thank you !

Regards,

Thomas
Accepted
Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2013, 05:41 PM
Hi Thomas,

Actually, I have tested the suggested approach in a sample project and everything is working as expected. You can find my test project attached. If I am missing something please let me know.

Regards,
Yoan
Telerik
Tags
DataForm
Asked by
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yoan
Telerik team
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1