This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation

2 Answers 188 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Pablo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pablo asked on 10 Jul 2013, 08:17 PM
Hi!, I´m having problems with my report. We didn´t update anything from the report since April, it was working fine but since last week it stoped working. In the production server the report loads almost fine the first time (Some images are missing), but when you navigate to the second page of the report you get a "Session expired" message.
I tried running the project locally using the production connection and i get a "exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" message. The report´s preview works fine. Im using Stored procedures. 
I changed the connection string and used the development SQL Server connection and the report works , so I suspect it may be a data Issue but I get that generic error and I can´t know with precision what is causing it.

Can you help me?

Regards.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2013, 03:07 PM
Hi Pablo,

About the session expired issue, please check the Report is unavailable or session has expired error message blog post and the suggested solutions.

Also if you are running in out-proc session state configuration, take a look at the needed settings listed in the Design Considerations for Out-proc Session State help artictle. Notice in such scenario events of the report items (NeedDataSource, ItemDataBinding, ItemDataBound) have to be attached in the ItemDataBinding event of the Report.

In case you use our Silverlight ReportViewer, check if you have set properly all services endpoints, including the resources. For more details, take a look at the Images, Charts, Barcodes and Shapes are not being displayed in the Silverlight report viewer. blog article.

To understand what causes the exception in your local tests, subscribe to the report's Error event and check the full exception message.

If you need further help, please elaborate on your project and received exception. Any additional details as logged request with Fiddler or other proxy tool will be helpful. Feel free to open a support ticket and send us the requested information there.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Pablo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2013, 07:06 PM
Hi Stef, we already got the solution, its was an IIS7 configuration problem. The memory limit of the Applicattion Pool was set to 200Mb and the report was exceeding that limit. Every time the report exceeded that limit the Application Pool was recycled.

Regards.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Pablo
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Pablo
Top achievements