This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadTooltip in TemplateColumn (GridView) is not working (ItemDataBound)

1 Answer 54 Views
ToolTip
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Alvaro
Top achievements
Rank 1
Alvaro asked on 12 Jun 2013, 11:45 PM
Hello: 

I have a Gridview with a ToolTip in an ItemTemplate Column Type, loading information
through an  user control. At the top I have a DropDownList that filters the information
displayed when loading the page. The problem occurs when, in the first load of the page and,
according to the DropDownList filter value, there is no results; when I change
the filter value, and data is displayed in the gridview, the OnAjaxUpdate event does
not fire, which does not happen if i got results in the first page loading, so I think that
there is some kind of detail I'm forgetting, on the ItemDataBound event.
Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jun 2013, 12:59 PM
Hi,

I advise that you examine the following demo that is quite close to this case: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/tooltip/examples/targetcontrolsandajax/defaultcs.aspx?product=tooltip. You need to make sure that targets are added when needed and that they are deleted before the grid is paged/filtered. Also, the RadToolTipmanager must also be a part of the partial postback.

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
ToolTip
Asked by
Alvaro
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or