This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Repeat Details area based on data value

2 Answers 79 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
H
Top achievements
Rank 1
H asked on 10 Apr 2013, 09:59 PM
I am wondering that there is a way to have the details section repeat based on a data value.

The exact circumstances are these:
I have a table of items ordered (Order_Details) with the columns (OrderDetailID, ProductID, Quantity, etc)
I have a second table with the product information (Products) with columns (ProductID, ProductName, Barcode, etc.)

What i am trying to do is create a report with the barcodes for all the items sold.  
The catch is, i need the details area of the report to print once for each Quantity rather than once for each record.
E.g. if i have product #1 quantity 4, the barcode for product #1 should print 4 times, rather than once.

Is there a setting or option i'm missing, or am i going to have to do SQL magic for this one?

Thanks!

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 15 Apr 2013, 01:25 PM
Hi,

Telerik Reporting is data driven, thus in order to achieve your requirement you should setup your data accordingly. This you can easily achieve with a data layer abstraction that can multiply the required records base on the data itself and then databind the data item with ObjectDataSource component.

Greetings,
Peter
the Telerik team

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q1 2013? You can get them from your account.

H
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Apr 2013, 02:18 PM
Hi Peter,

Thank Telerik support.
I solved multiply the required records with ObjectDataSource component and code behind.

Sincerely,
H. Lim
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
H
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
H