This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

5 Answers 194 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
John Mann
Top achievements
Rank 1
John Mann asked on 13 Mar 2013, 10:56 PM
Hello,

I'm having a problem with Telerik Reporting. All the reports in my project display properly when running on my development box, but once deployed to our test web server the following error is displayed in the report viewer,

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ParametersManager`1..ctor(IReportDocument definition, ICollection`1 parameters)
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.get_ParamsManager()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.CreateChildControls()
at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
at Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ParametersPage.OnPreLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

If I repeatedly click a button to run the report it sometimes will eventually render after about 15 or 20 attempts, sometimes not. I occasionally will see a "Report is unavailable or session has expired." message as well. Also if the report does eventually appear none of the images in the report will show unless I right-click them and select "Show Image". In trying to troubleshoot this problem I have stripped down the report until it contained nothing but a single text box, no parameters, no data access, no code in the report at all and I still get the error.

I'm using Reporting version 6.1.12.611 and IE8. The pages use radTabStrip, radMultiPage and radPageView components, but I removed these to see if they might be the cause of the problem to no avail.

I'm calling the report using code like this,
Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource instanceReport = new Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource();
instanceReport.ReportDocument = new Civil.CivilReports.CivilCourtWorksheet();
rvCourtSchedule.ReportSource = instanceReport;

Any idea the cause of this error and how to avoid it?

Thank you,
John

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sagar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Mar 2013, 07:04 AM
I m also having a same problem in newer version.
John Mann
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Mar 2013, 03:19 PM
Does anyone from Telerik have some insight into this problem?
Hrisi
Telerik team
answered on 18 Mar 2013, 06:19 PM
Hello,

Did you take a look at our help article "Deploying Web Applications"? If this information does not help, you can always read an in-depth article in MSDN such as Overview of Deploying ASP.NET Applications. There is no "magic". You should deploy not only your pages, but also all referenced assemblies used to build your application. Because you experience the problem after upgrade, you should also pay attention to the version of the deployed assemblies.

Regards,
Hrisi
the Telerik team

Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 available for download with impressive new visualizations. Download today from your account.

Ghezzo
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Feb 2014, 12:25 PM
One of my user has a similar problem, since he moved from XP to WIN7 and from IE8 to IE9.
Oviously we put on server the assemblies reference !!!! I dindnot touch this procedure, yesterday the user work nice today after
pc changhe this error come out.
Some explanation?

Regards
Maurizio Brusini
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2014, 09:41 AM
Hi Maurizio,

Please check if you have applied the configurations explained in this forum post and that the user has the proper access to the cache files and resources. Compare also the settings on both machines and if the session has expired at the time of the error.

Feel free to submit a support ticket with a sample project that illustrates the problem.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
John Mann
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sagar
Top achievements
Rank 1
John Mann
Top achievements