This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Vertical scroll problem

4 Answers 437 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ivano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivano asked on 29 Nov 2012, 01:46 PM
Hi to all,
I have a problem in a RadGridView with the vertical scrollbar.
I've attacched a DataTable to my gridview DataSource, and all works well, then I've hidden some rows, but at this point the vertical scrollbar doesn't allow me to see all the rows visible, in the sense that when I reach the bottom edge of the scrollbar, there are still a lot of row in the grid view, but I cannot see them.
The code:

myGridView.DataSource = myDataTable;
            }

if (myCheckBox.Checked)
  {
                foreach (GridViewRowInfo row in myGridView.Rows)
{
                    if ((bool)row.Cells["myColumn"].Value == false)
   {
                        row.IsVisible = false;
                        row.InvalidateRow();
                    }
                }
            }
            else
    {
                foreach (GridViewRowInfo row in myGridView.Rows)
                 {
                    row.IsVisible = true;
                    row.InvalidateRow();
                }
            }

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jack
Telerik team
answered on 30 Nov 2012, 03:15 PM
Hello Ivano,

Thank you for writing.

I confirm the issue and I logged it in our issue tracking system. You can track its status by using the following link. I updated also your Telerik points accordingly.

You can work around the issue by calling the UpdateScrollRange method explicitly. Consider the sample below:
this.radGridView1.TableElement.RowScroller.UpdateScrollRange();

I hope it helps.

All the best,
Jack
the Telerik team
Q3’12 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.
Ivano
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Dec 2012, 07:39 AM
Hi Jack,

thank you for your answer, I will use the method you suggested me.

Regards

Ivano
Pat
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Aug 2018, 05:39 PM
I am using Telerik UI for WinForms 2014 Q3 1202 and have what seems to be an identical vertical scrolling problem. Has a better fix or circumvention evolved since this post? And where, in the problem context presented here by Ivano, are you suggesting to add the single line workaround?
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
answered on 02 Aug 2018, 09:41 AM
Hello, Pat,    

The issue has already been addressed. Here is the feedback item for your reference: https://feedback.telerik.com/Project/154/Feedback/Details/111798-fix-vertical-scroll-range-is-not-valid-when-there-are-hidden-rows

Following the provided information, I was unable to reproduce the issue you are facing in the latest version. Please refer to the attached gif file illustrating the behavior on my end with the specified version. I would highly recommend you to upgrade in order to benefit from all the introduced features and improvements during the several years versions gap. I have attached my sample project for your reference. If you are still experiencing any further difficulties, could you please specify the exact steps how to reproduce the problem? Thus, we would be able to investigate the precise case and assist you further. Thank you in advance. 

Regards,
Dess
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Ivano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jack
Telerik team
Ivano
Top achievements
Rank 1