This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadGridView

1 Answer 91 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Eyal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Eyal asked on 24 Sep 2012, 11:13 AM

I use Telerik in my project on WPF.  I am trying to change the RadGridView with Blend as to your recommendation, in order to create a window which has a search as you type under the grid header (see attachment). I didn’t find a way to split the Grid Header from the GridViewVirtualizingPanel with a control that can be loaded with RadGridPanel. Please let me know if this is possible (in WPF), And if so, I will be happy to get an example or some giddying.

Ben-Yehuda Michal

Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:53 AM
To: Balter, Avishay
Subject: RE: Forum -- Hosting in WPF

Please, do not reply to this e-mail.

A new reply has been posted to a thread in your watchlist.

Click here to post a reply or unsubscribe from this thread. .

Date: 9/20/2012 2:52:48 AM

Hello,

Have you tried to modify the template of RadGridView using Blend to insert desired additional part?

Greetings,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

Date: 9/20/2012 2:47:21 AM

I am trying to host a WPF control, in another WPF control.
A "search control" inside a "grid" control.
both are WPF.

Date: 9/20/2012 2:43:42 AM

Hello,

Can you post more info about your scenario? Do you have WinForms application or WPF? Are you trying to host WPF controls in WinForms  or WinForms  controls in WPF?

All the best,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Time to cast your vote for Telerik! Tell DevPro Connections and Windows IT Pro why Telerik is your choice. Telerik is nominated in a total of 25 categories.

Date: 9/20/2012 2:30:45 AM

Hello Telerik support
Is it possible to create the Winforms hosting (RadHostItem) functionality using WPF controls ?
I am trying  to integrating a search text box on a GridView between the grouping panel + filters access buttons and the actual grid itself (as in the example of advanced search on Winforms GridView), using WPF.

See attached image.

Avishay Balter

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2012, 07:28 AM
Hello,

You can simply replace:

<telerik:GridViewVirtualizingPanel x:Name="PART_GridViewVirtualizingPanel" />

with

<Grid>
    <Grid.RowDefinitions>
        <RowDefinition Height="Auto" />
        <RowDefinition />
    </Grid.RowDefinitions>
    <TextBox />
    <telerik:GridViewVirtualizingPanel x:Name="PART_GridViewVirtualizingPanel" Grid.Row="1"/>
</Grid>

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Eyal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team
Share this question
or