This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Printing

19 Answers 142 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Martinelli asked on 07 Aug 2012, 12:24 PM
I need to print my datagrids. I looked to WPF Control Examples and found appropriate one. However it prints data in such a way that first column overlaps itself.

I have attached sample file. This file comes right from Telerik Examples.

I tried it with XPS printer and PDF Creator printer and effects where the same.

How can I print the whole datagrid?

19 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2012, 08:20 AM
Hi Marcin,

Could you confirm version of the Telerik controls you use? If the problem occurs with our latest official version - Q2 2012 SP1, please send us a sample project which reproduces it. We will check what is going on and will assist you further.
In order to attach project, you need to open a support ticket.

Kind regards,
Yordanka
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Aug 2012, 08:33 AM
I am using 2011 Q2 demo.

It is impossible to convert my project to Q2 2012. Certailny many things have changed and I don't want to waste time to resolve new bugs. I just want simple printing from datagrids.

How is that possible that this demo produces so incorrect results? Didn't you have any reports about that? I didn't even try that with my application, if demo doesn't work.
Yordanka
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2012, 08:57 AM
Hi Marcin,

I am not sure which demo does not work correctly? Do you mean Print and Export with RadDocument demo from our online demos or any other?  

All the best,
Yordanka
the Telerik team

Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Aug 2012, 09:08 AM
Hi Yordanka,

after installing Telerik WPF Controls I got 'RadControls for WPF Q2 2011 SP1 Demos' installed as well. It is a desktop application. I have selected GridView Examples->Printing. Then I pressed 'Print' button. Attachment shows what I got from it.
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 06:33 AM
Hi,

There is no attachment to your message. Will you try to reattach it?

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 06:37 AM
It is attached to my first post in this topic. Can you see it? Just tried that it works.
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 06:40 AM
Hello,

Ok. Unfortunately we are not sure why you get this and since this version is too old the only option we can suggest you is to try our latest official version - Q2 2012 SP1.

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 06:44 AM
So were you finally able to find attachment?

I am using Q2 2011 as it was newest version at the time of project startup. The project is now too big to migrate it to Q2 2012.

So does it mean that you have released library version with DataGrid that doesn't support printing? How is that possible that your QA guys weren't able to find it?
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 06:47 AM
Hello,

Yes I saw the attachment. As far as I remember we've never received reports for such printing issue even with this old version.

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 07:41 AM
I just installed and ran your demo. Could you also try it? What should I do in that case, if migration to 2012 is not possible?
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 07:51 AM
Hello,

Since you have all the code for the printing (this was and still it is just a demo not a built-in feature) can you try to debug it to see what's going on in your case?

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 07:58 AM

This is code responsible for printing data from GridView. In your demo it contains collection of Contacts (as in attached file). How am I supposed to find out what is wrong?

public static void Print(GridViewDataControl source, bool showDialog)
        {
            PrintDialog dialog = new PrintDialog();
            bool? dialogResult = showDialog ? dialog.ShowDialog() : true;

if (dialogResult == true)
            {
                DocumentViewer viewer = new DocumentViewer();
                viewer.Document = ToFixedDocument(ToPrintFriendlyGrid(source), dialog);
                dialog.PrintDocument(viewer.Document.DocumentPaginator, null);
            }
        }

Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 08:34 AM
Hello,

You can check ToFixedDocument() and ToPrintFriendlyGrid() methods for more info.

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 08:40 AM
Why am I supposed to debug your code and your solutions? Why cannot you tell me why it doesn't work and send appropriate fix?
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 08:50 AM
Hi,

How can we tell you why it does not work in your case since when this example was present everything worked as expected on our side? I would like to remind also once again that this demo was removed long time ago and no longer supported.

All the best,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 08:58 AM
Why do you write 'in my case'? I didn't make any modifications to it, just ran your application which doesn't work. Why do you release software that isn't checked? Maybe it would be better to test your software instead of spending money on changing its visual style?

And it is not so long ago, just a year. Would you describe eg. Windows 7 as published so long ago, almost ancient?
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 09:03 AM
Hello,

As I already said the demo was tested, it was fully operational and we've not received reports for such issue while this demo existed. 

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 09:14 AM
So does it mean that the demo changed since then? Why is that?

I am greatly disappointed by low quality of services that your offer.

Releasing not-working software is a terrible manner. But even worse is the fact that you are not at all helpful and prefer to ignore your clients. It is your bug and your should do your best to fix it ASAP.

Your explanation that the software is 12 months old so it is rubbish right now is bizzare. We have paid for it and we expect some decent level of service. Maybe instead of releasing new version every quarter it would be better idea to release new version when it works correctly?

I am sad to say but I will never recommend buying anything made by Telerik in my company. We will finish this project somehow and switch to other library.
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2012, 10:28 AM
Hello,

I'll try to explain once again:
- this was not built-in functionality in the component and we've never claimed that we have such built-in functionality
- this demo (while present) was fully functional, tested and we've never received reports for such issue from our customers
- since it was just a demo you have access to the demo source code and you can easily debug the code to check what's going on in your case - we cannot debug the problem at our end since we cannot reproduce the problem at your end.
- our licence is 1 year (12 months) and all fixes and improvements are released as new weekly builds, services packs and new versions.
- during the years we've developed new products and functionality and we've decided to use them in this particular demo - RadRichTextBox/RadDocument export to PDF and print..

Have you tried to debug your scenario as I suggested you? Do you have any particular questions related to this (old) implementation?

Regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yordanka
Telerik team
Martinelli
Top achievements
Rank 1