This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Group Footer aggregates not updating

5 Answers 122 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ben
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ben asked on 03 Aug 2012, 08:12 PM
I've run into some very strange problem.

I have several Aggregage SumFunctions in my grid.  When I group on a column, the group footer aggregates show, but will not update.  The numbers stay the same no matter what changes I make.

The aggregates at the bottom of the grid update fine.  I'm only having problems with group footer aggregates.

I have seen other posts about this issue, but you claim the issue was resolved in an update.  I am on v2012.2.725.40 of the WPF controls and using Visual Studio 2010.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2012, 06:15 AM
Hello,

Can you send us an example application where we can reproduce this?

Greetings,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Ben
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Aug 2012, 04:52 PM
I created a visual studio 2010 project that shows the strange group totals behavior.  Unfortunately this forum will only let me attach 2MB worth of image files.  Can you please tell me how I can send you the project files?

I've attached 2 screen captures that show the problem.  Capture1 shows the RadGrid with group totals.  In Capture2 I've changed the first row and committed the edit by clicking on the second row.  The Group Total still shows $18 but it SHOULD show $508.  The main footer at the bottom of the grid has updated and shows the correct total

Please let me know how to send you my test project so we can test this further.
Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 08 Aug 2012, 05:44 AM
Hi,

You can open support ticket to send us the project. 

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Arjan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 May 2014, 05:06 PM
Hi,
I'm running into the same problem where the aggregates at the bottom of the grid update fine but the group footer aggregates will not update.

I was wondering if this problem was ever solved. I am on v2014.1.224.45 of the WPF controls and using VS 2013.
Yoan
Telerik team
answered on 13 May 2014, 07:30 AM
Hi Arjan,

I can suggest you to check the Aggregates are not updated troubleshooting article for a reference. 

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Yoan
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
GridView
Asked by
Ben
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vlad
Telerik team
Ben
Top achievements
Rank 1