This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Gridview Combobox Column

3 Answers 78 Views
GridView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Pete
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pete asked on 31 Oct 2011, 08:07 PM
Hi There,

I have a combobox column in a gridview, the combobox has a datasource set to a list of objects returned from my database. One of these items in this datasource is an "Other" item. I am looking for a way so that when a user clicks "Other" as the selected item the combobox can be edited and a new value inserted into the datasource.

Can anyone offer any advice on the best way to do this?

Many Thanks For The Suggestions/Help?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 03 Nov 2011, 02:32 PM
Hi Pete,

Thank you for writing.

You can take a look at the following article on Allow end-users to add items to DropDownListEditor.

I hope this will be useful for you. If you have further questions I would be glad to help.

Best wishes,
Ivan Petrov
the Telerik team

Q2’11 SP1 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new); also available is the Q3'11 Roadmap for Telerik Windows Forms controls.

Kevin Finck
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Dec 2012, 06:43 AM
I followed this example, and it does indeed allow me to add a new item to the drop-down list.  However, when I move off of the combobox cell, the cell is blank.  I can click the dropdown button, and see the new value in the list.  And if I close and reopen the grid, the value displays.  But it does not show up on the grid after adding it initially.  How do I fix that?
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 19 Dec 2012, 03:05 PM
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for writing.

I was not able to reproduce the issue you have described. Please, open a support thread and attach your project or an example where you are able to reproduce the issue. This will allow us to investigate the issue further and provide you with adequate support. Please, mention this thread in your support thread so we can update it if needed.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Ivan Petrov
the Telerik team
Q3’12 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.
Tags
GridView
Asked by
Pete
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
Kevin Finck
Top achievements
Rank 1