This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

An error has occured while processing Report

6 Answers 817 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeffery Gray
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeffery Gray asked on 16 Aug 2010, 07:23 PM

 

Hi,
I get the error in the title when attempting to run a report via a webviewer.
The page gives the user an option to select 1 of 5 reports to view.
Depending on selection, the report will run ok, if a different report is then selected, it may or may not run.
The reports are contained in a separate assembly that the page references, the data source is set at run time within the assembly by setting it to a dataview.
If one of a group of 4 reports run successfully, all of those 4 will run ok, but the 5th will fail. If the 5th runs ok, the other 4 will fail.
The success or failure appears to be determined by which group the first report generated on the page is from, after a rebuild of the assembly. I have tried adding a second report viewer to the page, setting the group with 1 report to only use it, but still get this issue. I tried creating a separate page for the 1 report, but still same results, error carries across pages. It appears the fresh compile of the assembly is resetting something, and then it is tying this resource at runtime with the first report selection.

Appreciate any help I can get on this,

Thanks

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 19 Aug 2010, 09:55 AM
Hi Jeffery Gray,

We appreciate your thorough description of the problem. The provided error  is a generic one that should contain more information in the report itself or in the Output window in Visual Studio while debugging. As we are not sure how to replicate this problem on our end, we would like to review your application, so we could pinpoint the problem. Please open a support ticket, zip and send us a runnable project that replicates the problem and we would be able to advise you accordingly once we review it.

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
0
Jeffery Gray
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Aug 2010, 03:41 PM
Steve,
Thanks for the response, I was able to track down the issue further,
The report did not like the name of a field that I was using in the expression for a group section
Expression: =Fields.EntityId

I had no issues displaying the field, but it did not like trying to group based on it. The group was able to group if i changed to a different field in the dataview. I changed the name of the field and it worked without issue
New Expression: =Fields.BEntityId

Thanks
0
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Feb 2011, 06:01 PM
Hi, I'm getting similar error. My scenario is exactly the same as yours. This is exceprt from OUTPUT

An exception has occured while processing '' item:
System.ArgumentException: member
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Data.ComplexDataObject.GetValue(String member)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Data.DataObject.get_Item(String member)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Data.DataObjectPropertyDescriptor`1.GetValue(Object component)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Expressions.NameNode.Eval(DataObject row, Object context)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Data.GroupingOperator.Calculate(DataObject data)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Data.DataGrouping.AddData(DataObject data, Relation relation)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportDataSource.EnsureData()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportDataSource.get_Root()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.Report.ProcessItem()
   at Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ReportItemBase.Process(DataMember data)

Are there any official guidelines how to resolve or circumvent such error(s)?

Thanks in advance

Daniel
0
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2011, 05:25 PM
Hi Daniel,

As we've not been able to reproduce the error in our local tests, we would appreciate if you open a support ticket and provide us with a runnable sample that replicates the problem. Once we review it, we would be able to provide you with more info.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team
Get started with Telerik Reporting with numerous videos and detailed documentation.
0
Jeffery Gray
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2011, 05:54 PM
As far as a work around, I believe that I did what my second post indicated and I check to see if the viewer has a report, if it does, then I dispose of that report before setting a new report to the viewer (sorry, it has been a while since I've looked at this issue)

 

if (this.ReportViewer1.Report != null)

 

{

 

this.ReportViewer1.Report.Dispose();

 

 

this.ReportViewer1.Report = null;

 

}

0
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Feb 2011, 08:02 PM
Thanks Jeffery, I'll try it out. So far I went with alternating goup parameter names.

@Steve - if I find the time to make mock application with this problem I'll do that.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jeffery Gray
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Jeffery Gray
Top achievements
Rank 1
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or