This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2018 R2 Grouping Error

1 Answer 35 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeff Goldsack
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeff Goldsack asked on 31 Jul 2018, 04:21 PM
I am currently running 2018 Reporting R2 (12.1.18.260), and getting the following error on one of the reports:

"An error has occured while processing Report 'MyReport'
The expression contains object 'MyObject' that is not defined in the current context"

What I am doing is simply adding a grouping to the report, using a field from the dataset. It doesn't matter which field I use, they all generate this exact error in grouping. If I remove the grouping, the report runs fine, and I can see every field with appropriate data. There is no special formatting or expressions used at all.

Any idea on how to get this resolved? I have seen this issue on other issues with reports (dealing with expressions in textboxes, etc) but none related to grouping.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 03 Aug 2018, 08:39 AM
Hello Jeff,

MyObject must have some meaning in the context of your data source since when I add grouping to a sample report it does not throw any errors. It would be of great help if you can send us a report which we can use to observe the behavior and debug.

Regards,
Nasko
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jeff Goldsack
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nasko
Telerik team
Share this question
or