This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2012 Q2 -> 2013 Q2 Error: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException : The attachable property 'Action' was not found in type 'Interactivity'

1 Answer 50 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 13 Jul 2013, 03:13 PM
Hello all,

I have an SL4 LOB app that incorporates your reporting. When the view control loads, it is set to display a default reports (think splash page).
When I use the wizard upgrade and go from v6.1.12.611 (2012 Q2) to v7.1.13.612 (2013 Q2) the report no longer renders in the control and provides the following error:

Error: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException : The attachable property 'Action' was not found in type 'Interactivity'. [Line: 1 Position: 1631]
    at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CreateFromXaml(String xamlString, Boolean createNamescope, Boolean requireDefaultNamespace, Boolean allowEventHandlers, Boolean expandTemplatesDuringParse)
    at MS.Internal.XcpImports.CreateFromXaml(String xamlString, Boolean createNamescope, Boolean requireDefaultNamespace, Boolean allowEventHandlers)
    at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.Load(String xaml)
    at Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.ReportViewerModel.GetUIElement(Byte[] buffer)
    at Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.ReportViewerModel.OnPageLoaderPageLoaded(Object sender, PageInfoArgs e)
    at Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.ReportViewerModel.PageLoader.OnPageLoaded(Object sender, PageInfoArgs args)
    at Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.ReportViewerModel.PageLoader.OnGetPageCompleted(Object sender, GetPageEventArgs e)

The default report is set in XAML as follows:
<my:ReportViewer x:Name="ReportViewer" ReportServerUri="../Services/ReportService.svc" Height="600" Grid.Row="1" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Top" Report="ReportLibrary.rptSplash, ReportLibrary" ZoomMode="PageWidth" />

The report renders within the VS design on the preview tab without issue.
A screen shot of how it renders in 2012 Q2 is attached.

Help is appreciated.
Mark

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chavdar
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2013, 12:40 PM
Hello,

This error usually happens when your Silverlight application is still using the old version of the Silverlight ReportViewer (i.e. you are not using the latest version of the viewer in the Silverlight application). Make sure that the reference is correctly updated and you have cleared the browser's cache. To make sure that this is not a caching issue, try to open the page in a different browser than the one in which the problem occurs.

Regards,
Chavdar
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Chavdar
Telerik team
Share this question
or