This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2012.1.215.35 breaks theme on windows controls

7 Answers 77 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Louis-Philippe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Louis-Philippe asked on 09 Mar 2012, 06:00 AM
Hi,

I am currently using the metro theme in a .net 3.5 application. 

When i upgrade to the latest version of the telerik controls, the themes break on some of the windows controls they are applied to.

For example, the checkbox control no longer shows when it is checked, and the password box has a border inside the textbox, I have not gone through all the other controls but some still show up just fine,  like the textbox.

I am using styles in the app.xaml to set the theme styles on windows controls.

<Style TargetType="TextBox" BasedOn="{StaticResource {telerik:ThemeResourceKey ThemeType=telerik:MetroTheme, ElementType=TextBox}}" /><br>   
<
Style TargetType="ListBox" BasedOn="{StaticResource {telerik:ThemeResourceKey ThemeType=telerik:MetroTheme, ElementType=ListBox}}" /><br>   
<
Style TargetType="CheckBox" BasedOn="{StaticResource {telerik:ThemeResourceKey ThemeType=telerik:MetroTheme, ElementType=CheckBox}}" /><br>   
<
Style TargetType="PasswordBox" BasedOn="{StaticResource {telerik:ThemeResourceKey ThemeType=telerik:MetroTheme, ElementType=PasswordBox}}" /><br>   
<
Style TargetType="ScrollViewer" BasedOn="{StaticResource {telerik:ThemeResourceKey ThemeType=telerik:MetroTheme, ElementType=ScrollViewer}}" />

Reverting to the previous version of the telerik controls fixed the issue for now.(2011.3.1220.35)

Thank you,

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 14 Mar 2012, 09:11 AM
Hi Louis,

Thank you for reporting this! We confirm that the behavior you described is not the expected one.
We will do our best to provide a fix for this in one of our next internal builds.
I have updated your Telerik points accordingly! 

Kind regards,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Francis Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Mar 2012, 11:12 AM

Please what Loise complained is happening to my work after i build it and install it on another computer.

It distorts and scatters the controls and nothing is working.

Please I will appreciate your help here.

Francis

Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 26 Mar 2012, 01:08 PM
Hello Francis,

The problems that Louis met have been already fixed and the fix will be part of our upcoming Service Pack.
I am not quite sure what do you mean by "It distorts and scatters the controls and nothing is working". 
Will you please be more specific about the exact issues you have met? 

Greetings,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Francis Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Mar 2012, 04:23 PM

Please i have this on my page
<add
assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
the work is runnind fine on my system but when i build the aplication and install it on another laptop, the page will not be the same; the muilti page will split with part of its data many pixels down the page and the controls will not be working, textbox with distorted width and not working.
I have also made sure my css file is working but the problem i have is just with the RadControls.
Please i will appreciate if you help me find an answer to this.
Thanks so much

Francis

Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 26 Mar 2012, 05:29 PM
Hi Francis,

I believe that you are referring to our ASP .NET AJAX components. This forum is for General Discussions about Telerik RadControls/WPF. In order to avoid any misleading please post your question in the relevant category. In this way you will get the most accurate information about your problem.  

Kind regards,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 May 2012, 12:46 AM
I just upgraded to the most recent internal build: RadControls_for_WPF_2012_1_0521_DEV_hotfix

The issue with the PasswordBox having the extra internal border is still present.

<Style TargetType="{x:Type PasswordBox}">
     <Setter Property="telerik:StyleManager.Theme"
        Value="{x:Static telerik:StyleManager.ApplicationTheme}" />
</Style>

Thanks.
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 25 May 2012, 08:44 AM
Hello Michael,

Will you please provide a bit more information about the PasswordBox styling and the currently presented extra border? Are you experiencing this issue with a specific theme or with all Telerik themes. Even a single screenshot will be highly appreciated in order to make sure that we are talking about the same thing. 
Thank you! 

All the best,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Louis-Philippe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
Francis Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1