This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

2010Q1: Style Class Constructor has been removed, why?

2 Answers 36 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jeff asked on 15 Apr 2010, 03:51 AM
Just working out the issues since taking the 2010 Q1 release.

One item that preventing us from compiling our project after the 2010 Q1 update was the removal of the default constructor of the Telerik Style class?

So we had

Style ourStyle = new Style();

but that failed and we had to use
Style ourStyle = null;

Not a big deal, but why?  

I do not see anything in the release notes referring to the breaking change, and removing the existing constructor resolved what?

I want to make sure we are not missing something larger and bring attention to a breaking change.

Thanks
Tim

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Apr 2010, 02:57 PM

Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.

Style

I went back and found the full class name.
Accepted
Svetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 19 Apr 2010, 05:17 PM
Hi Tim,

As of 2010 Q1 version of Telerik Reporting Styles are now part of the report items (Telerik.Reporting.ReportItemBase and Telerik.Reporting.Processing.ProcessingElement), FormattingRule and StyleRule. This change was prompted by the latest performance improvements.

I suppose the code you're talking about is related to StyleRule as it was the only class from the above list that accepts Styles (that is has read/write Style property). As this does not work anymore (the StyleRule.Style property is now read-only) you should work with the StyleRule.Style property directly instead of creating a separate Style object.

This change, although undocumented, should not bother you as the behavior of the styles is preserved and everything should work as expected but much faster and decrease the memory consumption.

All the best,
Svetoslav
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Svetoslav
Telerik team