This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

How to specify the name of the export file.

8 Answers 1157 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Juan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Juan asked on 15 Jan 2009, 04:31 PM

Hello,

I have a problem to specify the name of the export file (For example in PDF), in this moment i work with the winForm (.Net Framework 2.0) and the telerik report version is "TelerikReporting_Q1_2008_SP1_dev_setup.msi".

The problem is, when export a report, the name which shows in the SevaFileDialogg, is the name for report class, and my intention is change name.

dlls - Telerik.Reporting version v2.0.50727.
      -  Telerik.Reporting.Processing version v2.0.50727.

thank you very much.

Juan.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jan 2009, 05:03 PM
Hello Juan,

Thank you for your interest in Telerik Reporting.

You can use the DocumentName property of the Report for such purposes.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Juan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jan 2009, 05:34 PM
Hello Steve,

Thank for your answer, bat in my version, this property not exist, I check in the local documentation and the prop don t exist.
I check, in the report object props and in my custom report, and the property not appears.

I work in winFrm (.Ner 2.0) and uses the telerik winForm, telerik report. the version for this components is:

"RadControls_WinForms_2008_3_1204_dev.msi" - "TelerikReporting_Q1_2008_SP1_dev_setup.msi"

The dll version - Telerik.Reporting.Processing (Version 2.5.8.519  - Engine version v2.0.50727)
                        - Telerik.Reporting (Version 2.5.8.519  - Engine version v2.0.50727)

Please sorry for the bad english.

Thenk you very much

Juan
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jan 2009, 05:51 PM
Hi Juan,

The ability to set Document Names has been introduced in the Q2 2008 release and if you want to take advantage of it among lots of other new features, improvements and bug fixes, we would highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest official version (Q3 SP1 2008).

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Pierre-Yves
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2017, 01:50 PM

Hi,

The Report property of ReportViewer is now obsolete. Is there another way to set the document name?

Best regards
Pierre-Yves

Katia
Telerik team
answered on 23 Oct 2017, 06:52 AM
Hello Pierre-Yves,

DocumentName property can be set in the Report Designer. In case you need to set this property at runtime, you can create an instance of the report, set its DocumentName property and then wrap the modified instance into InstanceReportSource, for example:
var report = new InvoiceReport();
report.DocumentName = "name";
var instanceReportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource();
instanceReportSource.ReportDocument = report;

Regards,
Katia
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Andrea
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
answered on 21 Feb 2018, 09:40 AM

Hi,

I'm using 8.2.14.1222 version and the ReportSource property.

I have, in the ItemDataBinding of a textbox (the title textbox that has some logics to show the right title) I set the DocumentName.... This isn't working and the export shows the name of the class and not what is in the DocumentName property.

How I can quickly solve this problem?

Thank you

Andrea
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
answered on 21 Feb 2018, 10:00 AM
I have to add that I'm in a web environmnet.
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2018, 09:29 AM
Hello Andrea,

Try to set the DocumentName property directly in the report properties instead of settings it inside an event to see if it works that way. You can share the code which you use to set the property so we can test the approach and result on our end.

Also, we would recommend upgrading Telerik Reporting, as there have been major changes in the Reporting engine from version 8 to version 12.

Regards,
Nasko
Progress Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Juan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Juan
Top achievements
Rank 1