This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

KENDO UI for Angular

2 Answers 141 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Wolfgang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Wolfgang asked on 08 Mar 2019, 12:56 PM

We have a couple of questions regarding the scheduler component:

- What is the recommended way of changing/overwriting CSS classes defined by Kendo (like .k-scheduler-table etc.)? Is it possible without setting ViewEncapsulation.None?

- Is there a way to define long time slots with a background color, similar to the scheduler control in WPF? We can define a custom kendoSchedulerTimeSlotTemplate but this has a couple of drawbacks: It is only one cell of the table, we can't render a text in the center of the slot and there is no access to the style of the surrounding element, which sets a padding and a height)

- How can we set the background color of a whole day in the day/week view?

- Will it be possible to set a (vertical) zoom via data-binding in the future?

- How can we set working hours independently for each day in the week view?

- How can we select the days to show up in the week view (e.g., Monday, Wednesday, Friday)?

- How can we translate the "TODAY" text (written in uppercase in the popup calendar that appears when clicking on the current date in the scheduler)? Setting <kendo-scheduler-messages today="Heute"> does not work here, it just translates the text on the button.

- We use the currentTimeMarker with the following settings: {enabled: true, updateInterval: 60000}. But it updates itself far more often (several times per second). How can we achieve that it updates just once per minute?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Missing User
answered on 11 Mar 2019, 03:54 PM
Hi Wolfgang,

I've spoken to one of our Support Engineers and they investigated your ticket 1399547 and here's the results:

- The account the ticket was submitted under (under izenzen@medatixx.de) does not have any assigned product licenses. However, your other Telerik account (under w.graffe@medatixx.de) does have licenses for UI for WPF priority support.

- None of the available accounts have license for UI for Angular, therefore you cannot open a priority ticket for UI for Angular under any account.

If you would like to get technical support for UI for Angular, we can add a product license to your account. 

Regards,
Tsvetana
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2019, 03:26 PM
Hi Wolfgang,

I'll address your questions to help you with the evaluation of the product.

- What is the recommended way of changing/overwriting CSS classes defined by Kendo (like .k-scheduler-table etc.)? Is it possible without setting ViewEncapsulation.None?

The built-in classes cannot be overridden through configuration. I can't think of a good solution here short of modifying the component source code.

- Is there a way to define long time slots with a background color, similar to the scheduler control in WPF? We can define a custom kendoSchedulerTimeSlotTemplate but this has a couple of drawbacks: It is only one cell of the table, we can't render a text in the center of the slot and there is no access to the style of the surrounding element, which sets a padding and a height)

Not possible at the moment as the content can't overflow out of the table cell. One idea is to introduce a template for the cell so you can set colspan and omit cells as needed.
Please, log a feature request on our Feedback Portal so we can prioritize and investigate.

- How can we set the background color of a whole day in the day/week view?

Possible only through CSS. We will consider introducing support for dynamic slot class with callback for this scenario.
I've logged an issue that you can subscribe to for notifications.

- Will it be possible to set a (vertical) zoom via data-binding in the future?

Can you please elaborate? The requirement is not clear to me.

- How can we set working hours independently for each day in the week view?

Not supported right now, but can be solved with dynamic slot class as well.

- How can we select the days to show up in the week view (e.g., Monday, Wednesday, Friday)?

Must be implemented as a feature on our side.

- How can we translate the "TODAY" text (written in uppercase in the popup calendar that appears when clicking on the current date in the scheduler)? Setting <kendo-scheduler-messages today="Heute"> does not work here, it just translates the text on the button.

Nested components have their own translation strings. I'd recommend using either the Angular i18n Framework or a Message Service.

- We use the currentTimeMarker with the following settings: {enabled: true, updateInterval: 60000}. But it updates itself far more often (several times per second). How can we achieve that it updates just once per minute?

I couldn't replicate this in a snippet. The marker position is updated once per minute.

Best Regards,
T. Tsonev
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.

Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Wolfgang
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
Share this question
or