It has been a couple of days since Microsoft announced the latest Visual Studio 2015 RTM edition, which tremendously increases the productivity of developers by adding more tools for mobile development, more advanced debugging and diagnostics and more powerful .NET framework, to mention a few.
We are very excited to announce that all Telerik .NET UI tools and components are fully operational in Visual Studio 2015. If you already own any of the Telerik .NET products, please download the latest Q2 2015 release (from your account
or from the Telerik Control Panel, if you have it installed). Alternatively, you can download the Telerik DevCraft trial version
In case you have any feedback to share, we’ll be more than happy to hear it.
Here are some more details about the important new features and improvements introduced in VS2015 RTM:
- Cross-platform mobile development support for iOS, Android, and Windows, including Xamarin, Apache Cordova, Unity, and more, including an emulator for Android
- Tools for Universal Windows app development
- .NET 4.6, ASP.NET 4.6, Preview of ASP.NET 5.0, the latest Azure SDK
- C# 6, Visual Basic 14, TypeScript 1.5, F# 4, tools for Python, improvements in C++
- Productivity enhancements in the IDE
- Advancements in debugging and diagnostics
- and many more
The full details of the new Visual Studio release can be read here.
We will cover all specifics for selected individual products with dedicated announcements, so please stay tuned.