The Q1 2015 Beta of Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX is live and ready for test. You can download the Beta from here and also play with the live demos. The detailed release notes are available here.
See the Highlights
Below are some of the most important additions:
- Bootstrap Theme: The new modern skin features design and metrics similar to the default ones of the Bootstrap components. This allows you to put and use the Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX components alongside the Bootstrap widgets, on the same page.
- New RadClientExportManager control: This control enables you to export whole pages or specific HTML elements to image, PDF and SVG in a WYSIWYG manner. You can test it here.
- New light-weight rendering for RadGrid, RadAsyncUpload, RadButton, RadInput and RadOrgChart: You can find information for the benefits of the light-weight rendering over the classic one here.
- RadGrid: We spent a lot of time on improving the performance and usability of the frozen columns functionality of the grid. Here are some of them:
- Frozen columns performance optimizations
- The user could choose which columns to be frozen
- Frozen columns with next/prev buttons
- Support for frozen columns with show/hide
- RadGantt: With the new version, you'll be able to specify the current date indicator as well as assign resources to your tasks:
- Image Gallery: The control now offers support for templates, which enables you to load video content inside it, as well as leverage built-in support for gestures, which is very useful for touch and mobile devices:
Support for the Zip Library
Starting in Q1 2015, we will discontinue the support for the old Zip library (included in Telerik.Web.UI.dll) ,and its classes will be removed from the assembly.
To use the Zip Library in your application, you need to add a reference to the Telerik.Windows.Zip assembly, which is available in the AdditionalLibraries installation folder.
Also, the ZipPackage and ZipPackageEntry classes are obsolete; please use the new ones: ZipArchive and ZipArchiveEntry.
You can find more detailed information at:
Your Feedback is Valuable!
As always, your feedback is very important, so don’t hesitate to drop us a line in the comments section below, in the Beta forum or in the support ticketing system. We will be glad to reward all good suggestions and bug reports with up to 3,000 Telerik points according to the level of importance.