Isidro Padilla is a software developer and a long-time JustDecompile user and fan. Here are the reasons why he likes JustDecompile.
Every developer who is interested in decompilation, reverse engineering and .NET assembly knows that there’s no perfect decompiler. A decompiler that generates code that can be re-compiled without any intervention by a developer simply doesn’t exist. The market offers numerous tools and options for both hobbyists and professional developers who need to decompile .NET code. I prefer JustDecompile. Here are 5 reasons why.
- Since the publication of the C# language I have been fascinated by it. I decided to convert all the VB.NET code I had written to C#, but due to a fire I lost a lot of the VB.NET source. I know that decompiling a program written in VB.NET is not the best way to get good C# code, but the code can be modified later without being an authority on programming. I got the best results with JustDecompile
- Since version 2.0 the .NET framework has had many rapid changes and most decompilers have not been able to evolve as fast. There are decompilers that export project to several languages, but the possibility of being able to recompile that code as-in is remote. Normally you would need a lot of time to correct the code that did not decompile correctly. JustDecompile currently only exports to one language (C#) but the code it emits needs little intervention from the user to be able to re-compile. Once the code is re-compiled, for me, it is much easier to debug and improve into a finished product. In short, JustDecompile is reducing the time needed for rebuilding a typical project.
- Management of add-ins is very easy in JustDecompile. Integration with Relexil makes it one of the best decompilers without a doubt. I personally am not interested in a decompiler that can do many things halfway, but not do fundamental things well. JustDecompile is accomplishing what I desire. The ability to create add-ins is essential in a tool like this.
- JustDecompile has an important feature; the ability to load the assembly bundle tied to a specific version of the .NET framework automatically. This avoids the hassle of having to do it manually. This feature is important to me.
- Finally, I have to say I like JustDecompile because it has a team of professionals behind it who are very attentive to the customer. All feature/bug submissions or observations are answered and taken into account and applied reasonable priorities. This makes me believe it will be a tool with a great future, or rather, out tool of the future.