Kendo UI for Vue DatePicker Overview
The Kendo UI for Vue DatePicker component offers a highly customizable interface for the user to enter and pick dates supporting different locales.
Its features cover everything from setting a default value and selecting a date range to form validation and keyboard shortcuts.
Among the many features which the DatePicker delivers are:
- Setting the default value—Easily configure the initial value that the DatePicker renders.
- Form validation—Validate input values, set validation requirements (such as minimum and maximum date) and prevent the submission of forms which are in an invalid state.
- Formats and placeholders—Control the date format and implement placeholders for its input field, including custom formats.
- Controlled state—Control the date value and popup state of the DatePicker.
- Disabled state—To disable input, just change a single property.
- JSON integration—You can also bind the DatePicker to dates which are serialized as strings.
- Custom rendering—You can replace the DatePicker input field, calendar and popup child components with custom ones.
- Date limits—Enable the user to pick a date within a predefined min and max date range.
- Focused dates—Configure the initial date value the DatePicker displays.
- Accessibility support—The DatePicker is compliant with WAI-ARIA and Section 508.
This demo implements some of the features that are available in the DatePicker.
- When the Vue DatePicker is initially loaded, you can render a specific default value for that date.
- You can change the date format and render a week number column.
- With the globalization feature, you can change the languages and cultures by using the Locale drop-down list.
For any issues you might encounter while working with the Kendo UI for Vue DatePicker, use any of the available support channels:
- Kendo UI for Vue license holders and active trialists can take advantage of our outstanding customer support delivered by the developers building the library. To submit a support ticket, use the Kendo UI for Vue dedicated support system.
- Kendo UI for Vue forums are part of the free support you can get from the community and from the Kendo UI for Vue team on all kinds of general issues.
- Kendo UI for Vue feedback portal and Kendo UI for Vue roadmap provide information on the features in discussion and also the planned ones for release.
- Kendo UI for Vue uses GitHub Issues as its bug tracker and you can submit any related reports there. Also, check out the closed list.
- You may still need a tailor-made solution for your project. In such cases, go straight to Progress Services.