KendoReact DatePicker Overview
The KendoReact DatePicker component offers a highly customizable interface for the user to enter and pick dates supporting different locales.
Its features cover everything from setting a default value and selecting a date range to form validation and keyboard shortcuts.
Among the many features which the DatePicker delivers are:
- Setting the default value—Easily configure the initial value that the DatePicker renders.
- Form validation—Validate input values, set validation requirements (such as minimum and maximum date) and prevent the submission of forms which are in an invalid state.
- Formats and placeholders—Control the date format and implement placeholders for its input field, including custom formats.
- Controlled state—Control the date value and popup state of the DatePicker.
- Disabled state—To disable input, just change a single property.
- JSON integration—You can also bind the DatePicker to dates which are serialized as strings.
- Custom rendering—You can replace the DatePicker input field, calendar and popup child components with custom ones.
- Date limits—Enable the user to pick a date within a predefined min and max date range.
- Focused dates—Configure the initial date value the DatePicker displays.
- Accessibility support—The DatePicker is compliant with WAI-ARIA and Section 508.
This demo implements some of the features that are available in the DatePicker.
- When the React DatePicker is initially loaded, you can render a specific default value for that date.
- You can change the date format and render a week number column.
- With the globalization feature, you can change the languages and cultures by using the Locale drop-down list.
For any issues you might encounter while working with the KendoReact DatePicker, use any of the available support channels:
- KendoReact license holders and active trialists can take advantage of our outstanding customer support delivered by the developers building the library. To submit a support ticket, use the KendoReact dedicated support system.
- KendoReact forums are part of the free support you can get from the community and from the KendoReact team on all kinds of general issues.
- KendoReact feedback portal and KendoReact roadmap provide information on the features in discussion and also the planned ones for release.
- KendoReact uses GitHub Issues as its bug tracker and you can submit any related reports there. Also, check out the closed list.
- You may still need a tailor-made solution for your project. In such cases, go straight to Telerik Services.