The ToolBar is accessible by screen readers and provides full WAI-ARIA support.
The ToolBar container has a
role="toolbar" attribute that semantically defines the component. For more information on the WAI_ARIA support each individual tool inside the ToolBar provides, refer to the following articles:
- Accessibility by the ButtonGroup
- Accessibility by the SplitButton
- Accessibility by the DropDownButton
The ToolBar is compliant with the Section 508 requirements.
The following issues are related to the WAI-ARIA support limitations of browsers and screen readers:
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11 work best with the Jaws screen reader. Other readers are partly supported. For more information, refer to issue 817699.
- Microsoft Edge works best with the Microsoft Narrator screen reader. For more information, refer to issue 8571350.