The Grid is accessible by screen readers and provides WAI-ARIA support.
To avoid possible interference issues with existing applications, the keyboard navigation feature of the Kendo UI Grid for Angular is currently disabled by default. For more information on how to enable it, refer to the article on keyboard navigation.
The Grid is compliant with the Section 508 requirements.
The following issues are related to the WAI-ARIA support limitations of browsers and screen readers:
- The Filter Menu is not currently accessible through the keyboard. Please use a Filter Row.
- Grids configured for virtualization with grouping are not currently accessible through the keyboard.
- JAWS Screen Reader, prior to version 2018 will not read column headers. Instead it will only read the column index.
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11 work best with the JAWS Screen Reader. Other readers are not supported very well. For more information, refer to issue 817699.
- Microsoft Edge works best with Microsoft Narrator screen reader or JAWS Screen Reader version 2018. For more information, refer to issue 8571350.