By default, the MultiViewCalendar is in
single selection mode.
To enable multiple selection, set the
selection input property to
The multiple selection functionality can be summarized in several key points:
- Multiple Selection - Ctrl key is used while selecting dates.
- Range Selection - Shift key is used to select a range of dates.
- Week Selection - Range selection for a specific week on week number cell click.
The Ctrl key allows the user to perform multiple selection:
- Ctrl + Mouse Click (or Enter key) on a date will mark the date as selected and other previously selected dates will remain selected as well.
- Selecting a date without using the Ctrl key will deselect all previously selected dates (including previously selected dates from other views/months) and select the date of the clicked cell.
- Selecting a date that is already selected while holding the Ctrl key will remove the date from the selection.
The Shift key allows the user to select a range of dates in the same month or between different months:
- Shift + Mouse Click (or Enter key) selects all dates between the last selected one and the clicked cell.
- Shift + Mouse Click (or Enter key) when there is no previous selection will select the date of the clicked cell.
When the user clicks on a specific week number the MultiViewCalendar selects the entire week. It can be considered as a special case of range selection - starting from the first day of the week and selects all dates to the end of the week.